View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Proof that no one has seen good guitar playing 
is evil...Evil Joe

Why the fuck do you guys always rag on KIDS playing on Youtube??? I for one think it's cool that he's playing some real rock music, and not some bullshit "fallout boy" crap.

Grow up guys, stop acting like you're in middle school and post a vid of you playing it if you are so much better... jeez

:roll:

You my friend are an idiot. I dont care which song he does if he does it cleanly. Tremolo picking random notes it not better than "Fallout Boy"

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:23 pm
Profile YIM
Superhero

philiphan wrote:
DirtySanchez wrote:
Why the fuck do you guys always rag on KIDS playing on Youtube??? I for one think it's cool that he's playing some real rock music, and not some bullshit "fallout boy" crap.

Grow up guys, stop acting like you're in middle school and post a vid of you playing it if you are so much better... jeez

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3OpyF81sgUQ

I thought you were gonna tidy up those scruffy parts? (no offence)

Have you got any new Vids?

nah, no new vids. Im thinking about recording one soon though. Its been a long time, and ive changed alot since then.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:02 pm
Superhero

Is that a Schector C1? I love those guitars. You get a lot of guitar for the money with them.

yea. I really like mine. I switched out the duncan designed and put in a dimarzio superdistortion in the bridge and a PAF pro in the neck. I actually dont like the superdistortion, and im planning on putting in a duncan JB. I really love the PAF pro though. I actaulyl think ill put a PAF pro in my bridge as well actually, im still thinking about which one though.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:04 pm
Viking Kong

DirtySanchez wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3OpyF81sgUQ

Great playing Phil :D

Btw, check the comments:

darksensi (1 month ago)
great playing. but wheres the emotion

I HATE comments like that...

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:08 pm
Motorman

DirtySanchez wrote:

You my friend are an idiot. I dont care which song he does if he does it cleanly. Tremolo picking random notes it not better than "Fallout Boy"

You missed my point moron, I was saying just because he doesn't play "good enough" for some of you assholes, that means you have to say he sucks and put him down? how would you have felt if someone did that to you? but I'm sure you won't think about that, only how to make some lame comeback at me for making you look like a immature idiot. Oh well you are probably like 13 anyways.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:50 am
Motorman

DirtySanchez wrote:

Like you, we all have opinions here.
This is the place where we'll continue to voice our opinions, whether it meets your approval or not.

If what the guys are saying here about this particular vid bugs you that much, read the comments on the kid's youtube page.
That might cheer you up.

Sorry folks, it just rubs me the wrong way when someone who isn't my mother tries to talk to me (or us) as though he is.

Sounds like that happens to you alot then? maybe that means that you are acting like an assclown often enough for people to call you on it. You are right that we all have an opinion, you are obviously bold enough to give yours, but can you take my opinion without getting bent out of shape? I think your post answered that.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:54 am
Motorman

DirtySanchez wrote:

Grow up guys

Coming from a guy with the screen name DirtySanchez.......lol.

Go and set you're bollocks on fire and drink some piss you freak :lol: :lol:

LOL boy you really made me look like an immature idiot. Drink some piss?

:lol:

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:57 am
Motorman

DirtySanchez wrote:

I'm 35 do I still need to grow up?

Well, if you have to ask that question, then I think the answer is a "yes"...

lol this is too damn easy

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:03 am
Motorman

Ok since most of the morons in this thread don't get my point (not all, just the ones that have their panties in a bunch over me calling them out) let me put it this way....

Would you ever see one of the admins here verbally bashing some teenager for how bad he "sucks" on his youtube video? Doubt it... why? cuz they have respect for other people..

Would Paul do that? doubt it... In my opinion (yes, MY OPINION, NOT ANYONE ELSE) most of you guys are trying to give your own pride a boost by putting down someone else that is "inferior" to your master guitar skills.

But after all I guess anyone that was that good would be out playing gigs all the time, and not spewing out insults all day long to make themselves feel better.. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can express your opinion about how bad someone sucks at playing, but at least give constructive criticism, and actually give useful tips instead of making a complete fool of yourself by making personal attacks on a kid.

Ok lets hear all the lame comebacks and putdowns about my screenname and so on..... But I'm sure not a single one of you will make a valid point that doesn't involve some type of lame insults.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

In my opinion (yes, MY OPINION, NOT ANYONE ELSE) most of you guys are trying to give your own pride a boost by putting down someone else that is "inferior" to your master guitar skills.

It's alright for me my guitar skills are so mastery that no matter HOW much I bash people on the internet my pride will always stay at it's maximum. 8)

(Kidding)

Well I guess nobody really got the point of this thread at first so it went from confusion to "OH GOD MY EARS!!!" and "PLEASE GOD! PLEASE KILL ME SO I DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE!!!!" and such. What this thread is supposed to be about is how youtube is open to anyone and since the great to crap ratio is 1:100 many many beginner/non-guitarists are getting the wrong idea of what real amazing guitarists are.

Solution- Everyone post a million copies of 1 PG video with every word in the english language as a tag.

Seriously, we should make operation youtube. Each board member post like 5 different vids. There can be like a million of copies of each so when people search "guitar" there will ge 200 Jerry C vids and 300 PG vids. :twisted:

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I don't really think they're bashing the kid ala-michael angelo.. This is just the same with how Kirk Hammett is bashed.

Kids and other people who haven't listened to better guitar players think Kirk Hammett is a guitar god. Did Kirk say he was? No. But thanks to his fans, he's being labeled as one. We don't have to bash him, that's just wrong.

As for guitar players who say that they are the best in the world, then hell fucking yeah we have the right to say that he sucks.

The point of this thread is to say that a lot of people are enclosed to such music that they already think that THAT IS the best even if it's not.

I thank you, now it's time to do my egyptian dance in my garden. :D :shock: 8)

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:06 am
Viking Kong

Sounds like that happens to you alot then? maybe that means that you are acting like an assclown often enough for people to call you on it. You are right that we all have an opinion, you are obviously bold enough to give yours, but can you take my opinion without getting bent out of shape? I think your post answered that.
O' maker of enemies, you'll realize (if half of your brain does work,) I didn't give an opinion about the guitarist himself. Hell, I didn't even watch most of the vid.

Don't you have some nannying to do somewhere else?

If you'll note, I didn't even call you any names in my 1st post. That's something you were bright enough to start.

I'm bold enough to give you another opinion, little prick. Before you call me & everyone else an assclown/moron (insert your 1/2 assed name calling here);

1: Know what you're writing about before your grubby little dick-beaters touch your filthy keyboard.

2: Get bent

3: Get bent.

If I haven't made myself clear, go get butt-hurt on someone else's time, before you make even more enemies on this board than you already have.

You'd better get used to even more strong opinions from us here if you have the stomach to stick around & not cry each time you read one.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:49 pm
Godzilla

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:52 pm
Viking Kong

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:56 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

lol this is too damn easy
Yes. You've made putting your foot in your mouth look effortless.
Congratulations.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:24 pm
Dr. X

chill out guys. yea, on youtube there are a lot of people that suck donkey diddles. its hard to understand they would even post themselves (cuz if i played like that, i think itd be too embarrassing to) even so, in relativity that whitesnake kid doesnt suck balls as much as all the other players on there. paul gilbert is a holy-fucking-good-as-hell guitar player. hes extraordinary. when you start basing good guitar playing on standards that are as high as his skill, everyone else just looks like shit. good isnt the best yea?

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:30 pm
Dr. X

Yeah, but the REAL point is, all the people who commented said how good he was. There was even one comment that said something like, "I would be so happy if I could play the guitar like you."

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:10 pm
Godzilla

I'm sure if the person who did that video knew we had an entire thread about him he'd be pretty flattered :lol:

-Mason

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 pm
Motorman

I just read this thread again and I wish I hadn't even gotten involved.

I was in a bad mood when I first posted on this and got annoyed and reacted. I'm sure you guys are all cool people that I would probably like in person. No need for this to go on.. I just think maybe we should be a little more civil to people posting vids and even if they suck, maybe bite our tongues a little more.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:14 am
Viking Kong

(Shucks. I had a good joke I was gonna use about his screen name, but there's no use for that now. :wink: )

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next