View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Pictures Coming Down 
Site Admin

Post Pictures Coming Down
I have been notified by Tim Findlay that he is copyrighting his photographs of Racer X. The photos while awesome, are generally low resolution internet photos with no REAL commercial value. Nobody will be creating a photo gallery or poster with any of these photos.

However, Tim has notified me to remove the Scream shots, 80's Racer X photos and Paul Gilbert's Desktop photo. I will respect those wishes and remove the photos. It's unfortunate, since these pictures are just cool representations of the band from 20 years ago.

I will not be posting these pictures back up on the site any longer. This is site is for fun for me....and not a job. I refuse to be treated as if this is a business, so I will eliminate the problem.

I would hope that everyone PLEASE avoid paying for these photos in the future. The band has not signed a release for the photos to be sold in any commercial venture.

Thanks...and sorry.

Regards,
Ken

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

:cry:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:53 pm
Profile YIM
Search Button God!

Oh come on :evil: :evil: If only I'd knew this was going to happen. I'd save them all on my hd....

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:23 pm
God Of The Sun

lucky i have saved most of them^^

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:38 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

You guys might want to rush over and grab them... :P

The #1 Queensryche Source

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:10 pm
Superhero

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:23 pm
Dr. X

Post Re: Pictures Coming Down
KenHower wrote:
I have been notified by Tim Findlay that he is copyrighting his photographs of Racer X. The photos while awesome, are generally low resolution internet photos with no REAL commercial value. Nobody will be creating a photo gallery or poster with any of these photos.

However, Tim has notified me to remove the Scream shots, 80's Racer X photos and Paul Gilbert's Desktop photo. I will respect those wishes and remove the photos. It's unfortunate, since these pictures are just cool representations of the band from 20 years ago.

I will not be posting these pictures back up on the site any longer. This is site is for fun for me....and not a job. I refuse to be treated as if this is a business, so I will eliminate the problem.

I would hope that everyone PLEASE avoid paying for these photos in the future. The band has not signed a release for the photos to be sold in any commercial venture.

Thanks...and sorry.

Here is an article to read:

http://www.kantor.com/useful/Legal-Righ ... aphers.pdf

I hope everyone enjoyed the photos I shared with this website over the past years.

Take care,

Tim Findlay

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:20 pm
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Tab Master

They're still there so grab them while you can.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:39 am
Dr. X

Post Re: Pictures Coming Down
KenHower wrote:
Tim has notified me to remove the Scream shots, 80's Racer X photos and Paul Gilbert's Desktop photo. I will respect those wishes and remove the photos.

Ken,

Please expedite this process on my behalf. I apologize for any inconveniences in advance.

Thank you Kindly,

Tim Findlay

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:56 am
Site Admin

I'll explain this....ONCE AGAIN.....I'm NOT at home. This isn't a job, I'm not getting paid...I have a real job, with real responsibilities....when I get home tomorrow...I'll work on it in the time that I have before I leave for my son's ski race in Tahoe. If I don't finish....It will have to wait until Sunday when I get home again.

The article you posted has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on this issue...at all. These photographs are NOT in a public place....You were giving the right to shoot the photographs by the venue...but you do not have any right to publish the photos for sale without risk of a civil suit. You have not asked the band permission to sell their likeness.

The photos on the site were clearly marked as being taken by you. I complied with your every request to have them marked by you. The dimensions and quality is NOT high enough to print or create any type (this lower size and resolution was on purpose) poster to create for sale.

Once complete.....adios. Enjoy them in solitude.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:43 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

It's like stealing the Mona Lisa so you can sit at home and look at it.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:55 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

is someone predicting a 'bruce /paul G3 world exposure ' cash in ,in the future??

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:10 am
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Sooooo sad
:?

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:12 pm
Viking Kong

It's like stealing the Mona Lisa so you can stroke your cock at home and look at it.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:54 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

This is not Rock and Roll.
Sooooo sad
:?

It's a classic case of greed and ego. The person(s) that supposedly "profiting" from these pictures....STILL HAVE 'EM! DUH.

The only reason someone would want their pictures pulled, is if they thought they had a chance to make $$, by profiting of SOMEONE ELSE (Racer X).

Ironic, huh? This person who claims to be a fan, is pissed someone is "profiting" of their photos...when THEY want to profit off SOMEONE ELSE!(Racer X).

Let's face it...nobody would buy these pictures because of the AMAZING photography of Tim Findlay....they would BUY them because RACER X is in it! Hypocrite.

And the premise that someone else is "PROFITING" from his photos is RIDICULOUS! They're selling bootleg DVD's on ebay (WOW..that's a million+ annual business..LOL) with a photo on the cover. Is ANYONE really buying that DVD because of the PHOTO?

Go after the people using the photo....not the fans. The REAL fans.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Go after the people using the photo....not the fans. The REAL fans.

I hope he reads this and THINKS instead of getting offended. Ken really summed everything up but I know that it might cause an ego conflict with the photographer.

Think about the fans.

It is pretty stupid to keep something from fans who love and support the band. I'm sure nobody here on the board has any interest in profiting from these photos and just want to see pictures of the greatest band ever in action. I can tell you that I have the wallpaper of Paul on my desktop and it makes me happy seeing my favorite guitarist.

I saved every single pic to my computer so anyone who reads this in the future who wants to see them just PM me.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

I have 25 out of the 31 pictures saved so I don't mind, it still sucks that they had to be taken down though :cry:

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:55 pm
Site Admin

All of them are down that have been requested. Sorry...but they will never be back up again.

This site is fun for me....and dealing with high maintenance people....threats on email to expedite the process. Note to everyone...I have a REAL JOB. This is a hobby and something I do for FUN for my favorite band. When people cease to make it fun.....I remove those elements.

My advice to everyone.....DO NOT purchase any of these photographs....He can jack off to his hearts content over his killer pictures...alone.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next