View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hats that go on your head to keep you warm 
Unt! I move topics!

Lamer wrote:
"Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the music is made. Racer X: the T-shirt, Racer X: the coloring book, Racer X: the lunch box, Racer X: the breakfast cereal, Racer X: the flamethrower--the kids love this one--last but not least, Paul Gilbert : the doll"

:D:D:D

While I agree.....when it takes 1 YEAR to sell a lousy 144 shirts....

I made the long sleeve....and I got bitched out for not doing SHORT sleeve...so, I make short sleeve....and they sold slower than the long sleeve AND the people that made the loudest comments about Long Sleeve shirts ...never bought the short sleeve.

So......hence the probable end of shirts.

You sold 144 shirts?!! I'm amazed you sold that many. Considering there's probably no more than 100 people who post here with any regularity, I think that's pretty damn good.

I think you will have to wait until there is either a new Racer X CD or a show/tour before there will be enough demand again to justify another shirt. (Or until you do a website in Japanese).

Either way, I for one am very grateful that you went to all the trouble to get these shirts for us. Thank you.

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:45 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Lamer wrote:
"Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the music is made. Racer X: the T-shirt, Racer X: the coloring book, Racer X: the lunch box, Racer X: the breakfast cereal, Racer X: the flamethrower--the kids love this one--last but not least, Paul Gilbert : the doll"

I made the long sleeve....and I got bitched out for not doing SHORT sleeve...so, I make short sleeve....and they sold slower than the long sleeve AND the people that made the loudest comments about Long Sleeve shirts ...never bought the short sleeve.

What did this long sleeve look like? Have a picture?

Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:10 am
Site Admin

Thanks Doc....I wasn't "ranting"....just explaining...and I agree with you.

I actually have a design in my head, specifically for the Japanese...and yes...I am now seriously considering a Japanese mirror.

In Japan...there are MILLIONS of Green/White Exit signs....they're all standard and all look the same...with the same Extreme volume type man running out a door. Put that same guy....running out with his Arms on his ears...and you have a Japanese version of our Pedestrian Walking sign.

Regards,
Ken

Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

What did this long sleeve look like? Have a picture?

They're all over the photo page....

Here's Eddie (EKG), Chad and me. On the back, it says SOLO RESPONSIBLY (something Paul said recording Getting Heavier).

Regards,
Ken

Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:17 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Paul Gilbert Voodoo Doll

Me playing guitar.

'Damn you Paul, you're way better than me!'
*grabs needle*
*pinch pinch stab stab*

KenHower wrote:

Lamer wrote:

IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD?!?!

Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:20 pm
God Of The Sun

And now for the slowest comeback in the world ever.....

Lamer wrote:

*Pulls string on doll*

"May the X be with you!"

(It only took 1 year, 2 months and 18 days....)

:mrgreen:

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:22 pm
Superhero

KenHower wrote:
Lamer wrote:

You sold 144 shirts?!! I'm amazed you sold that many. Considering there's probably no more than 100 people who post here with any regularity, I think that's pretty damn good.

I think you will have to wait until there is either a new Racer X CD or a show/tour before there will be enough demand again to justify another shirt. (Or until you do a website in Japanese).

At this time of writing, the RX myspace Guitargasm set up has 2598 friends, and the Paul Gilbert one has 15031 friends, and I'm unsure of whether or not the other band members have myspace...

Using myspace bulletins could help get news of any potential merch out to a lot of people, who can tell other people etc ... Not saying it'd garuntee success, but it's a possibility, and it's free to post the bulletins which will appear in every friend's inbox... Several bands use this method to sell merch; just recently the Jason Becker T-shirt was advertised through his myspace...

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:40 pm
Site Admin

Regards,
Ken

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
excellent suggestion.
another suggestion would be that you started partnership with re-sellers like this one from sweden that actually sells RacerX Albums. And loads of t-shirts and stuff. You could sell them there and you will have a better market in europe i guess.

http://www.swedenrockshop.com/

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2