View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 What the...? 
Superhero

That is all I have to say. This guy is super scum, bottom of the bottom. He deserves to clean mens room floors with his tongue for the rest of his life.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:05 am
Motorman

:shock: WOW :shock:

That is all I have to say. This guy is super scum, bottom of the bottom. He deserves to clean mens room floors with his tongue for the rest of his life.

Yes....the mens room in scummy bars....you know...where everyone drunkenly pisses all over the floor........

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:31 am
Motorman

Wilsman00 wrote:
:shock: WOW :shock:

Yes....the mens room in scummy bars....you know...where everyone drunkenly pisses all over the floor........

LOL very delicate :twisted:

Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:40 am
Profile ICQ
Godzilla

GuitarHero wrote:
Wilsman00 wrote:
Check this post out from his message board:

Oh Luke, you were so great last night... Your ass is so tight! I hope to see you again some time soon... Call me!
With love,
George

Sorry about that one, I couldn't resist, hauheua
I HAD to post it! :wink:

HAHA you rule! I like you even more now.

I took me the second time thru the posts that I realized it said George at the end. Then I proceded to laugh my ass off.

I only notice this now: there a quote on the main page signed by some George, heheh :twisted: coincidence??

Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Godzilla

Man, i hope this guy gets arrested and spend some nights in jail... Maybe a whole year... Or even better, he could spend the rest of his life in a madhouse, within the company of his lunacy :twisted:

Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Promises to use Search button

You can still view Lukes message board @ http://www.lukejohn.net/cgi-bin/guestbook/guestbook.cgi

Have fun....... I know I will.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:20 pm
Superhero

Ladies and Gentlemen I do believe we have found The Biggest Douche in the Universe! BTW I'm thinkin after he finally gets caught and locked down this will be his pucker hole after Bubba starts cornholin him.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

Post My story ---
My experience with the fictitious band "P.A.I.N."

HOW I ENDED UP JOINING THE BAND:
I was asked (by a guitar player friend of mine) to send a tape to Luke because he was looking for a singer to complete his band "P.A.I.N". I sent the tape and I was given a "demo" of the songs we would be doing. I was VERY impressed with the songs and the musicianship on the demo. I asked why he didn't just use the original singer that recorded the songs - and he gave me a story about how the singers were all jerks and he was looking for someone more stable that could sing the songs. I told him I could sing the songs and he offered me a contract with his "label". I signed the contract, but added a stipulation that the contract was only valid once payment was received (thank goodness).

REHEARSAL?
The first time I actually met Luke in person he drove out to "rehearse" with us. (the guitar player refused to fly to California to jam with Luke because Luke or his "label" had not reimbursed him for the last two flights he had taken as promised). Very little time was spent rehearsing the songs. Most of our time was spent driving around to various locations taking pictures of the band! I thought it was strange to be taking pictures before we had even written, recorded or rehearsed together and did not have a bass player. All this time he was talking about the "two Gold Records" he had from his previous band, his Corvette, his $1 million dollar house, his state of the art studio etc. He dropped names claiming he jammed and recorded with Paul Gilbert, Brian May, Ozzy, etc. We "small town Utah boys" were impressed to say the least.

REHEARSAL IN CALIFORNIA:
As time went by - promises to fly us to California to record never materialized. We did DRIVE to Cali a few times and stayed in his Condo. We spent most of our time watching T.V., driving around to music stores and hanging out. Very little time was spent rehearsing and when we actually did rehearse, Luke acted bored most of the time. We had recruited a bass player from Nevada and a second guitar player by this time. When asked about his studio he said he sold it so we jammed in a rehearsal hall that rents by the hour. I will say that the few times we did actually rehearse we sounded very good and we got compliments from members of other bands who were rehearsing in the same building.

I started getting a bit suspicious when I noticed that there were no gold records hanging on the walls of his house. There was not even a cd to be found of the band that supposedly had the gold record (Kidd Nasty). There were some pictures in his "studio", but they were all snapshots of the band standing around outside. All live band shots were taken in smoky little bars - something I am very familiar with since that has been my career- singing in smoky little bars

THE TOUR?
Luke wanted us to quit our day jobs and move to California because we were almost ready to tour. He claimed that an Asian and a European tour was already set up and he had investors willing to fund the whole thing. Keep in mind we had only rehearsed twice as a full band at this point and recording dates had been set and canceled many times.

TRAGEDY:
Not long after this Luke and his wife were in a serious car accident. Luke survived, but sadly his wife passed away. I am truly sorry for this because Luke's wife was a wonderful person who was kind, compassionate and had a very deep religious faith and I could tell that Luke loved her very much.

THE END:
Well, to make a long story a little shorter - One of the songs on the "demo" that we were learning was called "17th Moon". I was not able to understand all the lyrics by listening to the CD and Luke was not able to find or remember the lyrics to the song (or any of the songs for that matter) even though he claimed to have helped write them - so I figured I would search the internet and find what I could about "the 17th moon of Jupiter". That way I could at least come up with lyrics that made sense. Instead of a story about the 17th moon, I stumbled upon the actual lyrics to the song! - Written AND recorded by none other than Racer X!!!! I searched the Racer X web site and found that the other songs on the "P.A.I.N. demo" were ALL Racer X songs!

Once confronted with this information, Luke claimed that he was given permission - by Paul Gilbert himself - to "rework the songs any way we wanted". This has not been verified. I called Bullsh*t on that - and I never heard from him again.

I will say that Luke was always decent to me (even though I was not on the 'list of people to thank' on his bogus web site) and I did not lose any money on this scam - just a little time and a lot of pride. The reason I posted my inquiry on the Racer X board in the first place was to find out if Luke was legit or not. He took a small town rock & roll singer (myself) and made him think he was finally actually going to see his dreams come true. My family, friends and fellow band mates were led to think that big things were going to happen only to find that we were being used (for reasons that are still unclear, but I’ve got a good idea).

Live and learn eh?

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:02 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the story. It's always tough to admit you got duped. The thing I have learned about this guy...is he's duped many people...and many companies into thinking he's something he is not.

The second thing I've learned...is you are one of the fortunate ones who didn't lose any money.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

BTW...do you still have this DEMO?? I would DEARLY love a copy.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: My story ---
Irock wrote:
Once confronted with this information, Luke claimed that he was given permission - by Paul Gilbert himself - to "rework the songs any way we wanted". This has not been verified. I called Bullsh*t on that - and I never heard from him again.

Ladies And Gentleman...this is what's called...a COVER SONG. Anyone could walk up to Paul at the Namm show...and go Paul, can my band play some of your songs....and Paul's answer would be..Sure, play them anyway you want.

The question to Paul wasn't "Hey Paul..can take your songs and make them my own?"

Regards,
Ken

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Hey IRock...sorry to hear that you know this asshole...at least u didnt lose any money. And if you do still have the demo, you said that all the songs on there were Racer X...which other X songs were there(other than Technical Difficulties and 17th Moon)?

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:49 pm
is O.H.B.

Good grief, is all this for real? It sounds made up, like something you'd read in a tabloid...

Something DOES need to be done about this guy. I hope Paul kicks his backside, in whatever fashion he sees fit. Maybe he could have Yngwie sit on him? :twisted:

This website is still up? I want to see it...

It's not about winning or losing, or even how you play the game. It's about how you look bending over in a short skirt.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Here is the article from Blabbermouth: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=11151

man, this is getting out of hand!

Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:55 pm

Hey IRock...sorry to hear that you know this asshole...at least u didnt lose any money. And if you do still have the demo, you said that all the songs on there were Racer X...which other X songs were there(other than Technical Difficulties and 17th Moon)?

I have not been a Racer X fan in the past due to the fact that I had not heard much from them - (that has changed) - so I'm not sure they are all Racer X tunes.
There are no song titles of course, but judging by the lyrics of the chorus' they are as follows:

17th moon (was on a CD by itself)
The Executioners Song (Luke told me it was called Preacher)
Miss Mistreater
Rage
Give it to Me
God of the Sun
Technical Difficulties (aka: P.A.I.N.)
Another instrumental (sounds like it's not finished)

Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:54 pm

BTW...do you still have this DEMO?? I would DEARLY love a copy.

I think I still have it somewhere. I will look for it.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:00 pm
Viking Kong

As amusing as it is - I dont see myself caring too much about this guy. I mean of course, he should be in jail.

But Im not in a raging stupor because of it, either. He's not profiting off of Racer X's material (not that I was informed of) and he's just a regular everyday scammer.

He's not worth the energy for me to frown upon. He just isnt worth my fuckin time. I know he'll get caught some day, thats all that matters. Even if he doesnt, I dont care. I dont think the dweeb's got any real fans. Just as long as there arent people there to listen to "PAIN" and "17th Moon", he's advertising to no one.

That doesnt mean its ok for him to rip off Racer X. It just means - its not hurting Racer X as much as many of you think.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:13 pm
Godzilla

Shredder wrote:

I have not been a Racer X fan in the past due to the fact that I had not heard much from them - (that has changed) - so I'm not sure they are all Racer X tunes.
There are no song titles of course, but judging by the lyrics of the chorus' they are as follows:

Miss Mistreater
Rage
Give it to Me
God of the Sun
Another instrumental (sounds like it's not finished)

Sorry to hear your history, Irock... As the guys said, at least you didn't lost any money to this bastard... My bet is that Luke has copied the whole Technicall Difficulties Cd... The instrumental you talked about may be B.R.O, dude.... :shock:

Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Superhero

Man the story is going on and on it is amazing! I check the forum very often and this post always has additions, amazing.

I am sorry for the crap you had to go through Irock, but thanks for bringing this to light. Maybe because of you we can stop this a-hole before he does this to anyone else.

BRO is awsome, he better not steal it.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:27 pm

[quote="Irock"][quote="Shredder"]Hey IRock...sorry to hear that you know this asshole...at least u didnt lose any money. And if you do still have the demo, you said that all the songs on there were Racer X...which other X songs were there(other than Technical Difficulties and 17th Moon)?[/quote]

Miss Mistreater
Rage
Give it to Me
God of the Sun
Another instrumental (sounds like it's not finished)[/quote]

The last song he is refering to is "Phallic Tractor"

Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next