View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 MIDI Keyboard fun 
BOFH

Post MIDI Keyboard fun
I finally went and bought a MIDI lead to hook up my crappy old casio keyboard to my computer. I've been having fun playing with a demo of fruity loops I found on the net some time ago. My keyboard is pretty limited as far as different sounds go, so I've mainly been using 3xOSC to make wierd and wonderful 'noises' :wink:

I've managed to use it to 'record' a few things too... It's great because if I hit a wrong note or I'm out of time slightly I can just change it on a note-at-a-time basis afterwards. Not to mention adding effects or even changing the patch I'm using from an electronicy trance type thing to a pretty realistic harpsichord sound.

I've used it as a midi input for Guitar Pro too... It doesn't respond to how long long you hold a key (or how hard you hit it) like Fruity Loops does, though. And, as I'm sure anyone who's ever imported a midi file into Guitar Pro will know, it doesn't always put the notes in logical places on the tab score. Still... It could proove to be usefull.

Anyone got any other fun and interesting things for me to try out? At the moment I'm really just interested in what I could do with it :P

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:35 am
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

you could always try n play some bach stuff, and make it sound like a guitar

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]