View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 FRANKENSTEIN GUITAR PROJECT COMPLETED WITH PICTURES!!!!! 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

i cant see the pic dude:(
only red cross

:? That's weird.. Here's the link, try it out.

http://www.freewebs.com/the_hollow/rg1570gn%20rjstrat.jpg[/url]

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:15 pm
God Of The Sun

Ron

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:44 pm
God Of The Sun

I have a bridge pickup that came with my Ibanez RG350. It's not the greatest sounding pickup, but it works. I just replaced it with a PAF Pro this weekend, so I don't think I'll be using it anytime soon. But then again, you'll probably change them when you find the money. PM me if you want me to send it to you.

Thank you very much Jack. I received the pickup today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Ron

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:51 pm
God Of The Sun

I've got a brass Dimarzio strat style hardtail bridge. It's brand new in the box, never been mounted. --Jason

Thank you Jason. I received the bridge today. AWESOME!
YOU ROCK!

Ron

Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:53 pm
Superhero

Ron--I forgot I have a Zoom505 pedal if you want it. I also have an old Boss Overdrive (not the superoverdrive) pedal too.

BTW--how did you come out with the videos? Have you had a chance to check them out?

and...yes, this is the best message board out there. There are some outstanding people here. And some ass kicking musicians too.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:34 pm
God Of The Sun

thanks paulie. of course i would love the zoom pedal.
i used to have one of those about 10 years ago and the overdrive pedal if you would please.

i have been overwhelmingly(real word?) busy lately. i did start to watch the extreme video....awesome.
the racer x dvd if fantastic, but it will only play in my xbox...weird.
i never really realized how sloppy jimmy page's playing really was until i watched the dvd you sent....cool though.

don't forget...once i get all the parts together, i will be contacting you for help setting it up. PM me your phone number so i will be able to do that. thanks again paulie, for everything.

Ron

Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:34 am
God Of The Sun

aww damm when i got hoem to check yesterday
turns out the spare lead i had was stuffed :(
so sorry dude
:(

Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:50 am
Profile ICQ
Dr. X

Well I saw here that one of the bodies that Ed built me is going to you (fantastic guitar may I add...I just don't use that type of wood...Best looking guitar I have ever had sent to me though!). The guitar is actually on the front of my new CD cover and pictured with me on the back. Cd comes out next month. Cool guitar!

I have a couple Dimarzios that are virtually brand new (put in a guitar 1 month before I signed over with Seymour Duncan...and taken out a week later when I got my box of Duncan stuff). It is a Pink Tone Zone Bridge Pickup and a Blue Dimarzio Neck (Can't remember the model) Pickup. I also have a handful of white Single coils that I ripped out of my Strats and Teles, you can have one for the Middle postion if you like. I might have some leftover parts for that body too (Can't remember?). Ed, let me know if something got lost here in Texas.

if you want the pickups they are yours. Just let me know here at the Board.

See Ya - Doug

Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:56 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Well I saw here that one of the bodies that Ed built me is going to you (fantastic guitar may I add...I just don't use that type of wood...Best looking guitar I have ever had sent to me though!). The guitar is actually on the front of my new CD cover and pictured with me on the back. Cd comes out next month. Cool guitar!

I have a couple Dimarzios that are virtually brand new (put in a guitar 1 month before I signed over with Seymour Duncan...and taken out a week later when I got my box of Duncan stuff). It is a Pink Tone Zone Bridge Pickup and a Blue Dimarzio Neck (Can't remember the model) Pickup. I also have a handful of white Single coils that I ripped out of my Strats and Teles, you can have one for the Middle postion if you like. I might have some leftover parts for that body too (Can't remember?). Ed, let me know if something got lost here in Texas.

if you want the pickups they are yours. Just let me know here at the Board.

See Ya - Doug

:shock: Yes please to all of the above. HOLY CRAP! Thank you soooo very much Doug.

WOW!!

Ron

ps... i sent an email to you with my address.....Thanks again very much Doug.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:19 am
Viking Kong

hi ron, im glad people are doin this for you. if i had some extra stuff i would definatly send it to you...the people at this board rock.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:32 am
God Of The Sun

hi ron, im glad people are doin this for you. if i had some extra stuff i would definatly send it to you...the people at this board rock.

You can say that again and again. I am totally floored at the moment.

Ron

Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:38 am
God Of The Sun

You guys rock! If anyone deserves all this, it's definitely Ron. 8)

I would totally donate something if I had any extra spare parts, but the only stuff I have left are random things like screws and backplates and crappy stuff from my old $75 peavy. :lol: Not quite up to standards with the other things being donated out of major generosity.

I must admit I'm excited to see how this "Frankenstein" guitar turns out! :D

Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:36 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Yes, everyone has been very cool and thoughtful.

I was emailing back and forth with Doug Stapp last night. He is sending me a ton of stuff too.
Doug is an awesome guy. Good family man as well. Trust me i will be documenting the whole build process with pictures.
As a matter of fact, once it's completed, a picture of my new beast will be my brand new avatar.
I can't wait until everything gets here so i can start.
I am beside myself with overwhelming joy about the whole thing.
My wife can't believe it.

Thanks again everyone.

btw... thanks for the kind words.

Ron

Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:46 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Ron no offence, but was jus wondering wat u gona do with so many pickups dat u r gettin. :?:

Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:13 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

well..... i can either send them back or give them away, or keep them for a future project for my son.if you read all the posts, i stated that i will be teaching my son how to play guitar.
he now has a student size acoustic, which he will very soon grow out of.
the next step will be an electric... i will more then likely make a guitar for him using parts that i have left over.

i am not one to question people's generosity....... i just thank them and appreciate their generosity.

trust me, i had to greatly humble myself to ask for all of this help.

and believe me..... i GREATLY appreciate everone's generosity.
I AM A VERY GREATFUL PERSON!

btw.... no offence taken.

Ron

Last edited by firerocker on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:33 pm
God Of The Sun

Woah. For your son... Quess he'll have to sell pickups for a living then. lol

Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:36 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:41 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Ron

Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:15 am
God Of The Sun

If I had something to give, I would give in a heartbeat man!

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Promise us that you'll play the HELL out of this guitar!
This is awesome.
I can't wait to see pictures. :D

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next