View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:34 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 A Clump of Condor Cells 
Author Message
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:26 pm
Posts: 948
Location: Denver
Post A Clump of Condor Cells
Image

From: http://www.tennapel.com/blog/AClumpofCondorCells.shtml

_________________
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961


Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:52 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
Yeah, that's kind of a backwards situation... you get fined for harming the egg of an endangered specie of eagle but there are almost one million human abortions performed per year here in the US.

_________________
- Ryan


Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:18 am
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:26 pm
Posts: 948
Location: Denver
Post 
Ryan wrote:
Yeah, that's kind of a backwards situation... you get fined for harming the egg of an endangered specie of eagle but there are almost one million human abortions performed per year here in the US.

In 2000, 1.31 million abortions took place, down from an estimated 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2000, more than 39 million legal abortions occurred (AGI). -abort73.com.

_________________
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961


Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:50 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:00 pm
Posts: 8264
Location: Denver, CO.
Post 
:lol: Oh, the beautiful irony. Nice 'toon.

_________________
Social justice is for pussies!


Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:13 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Posts: 763
Location: UK
Post 
Surely that cartoon shows why abortion is okay? Of course it's dumb that you get fined for eating the eggs of a dying breed of bird (who cares?). But it also shows that abortion is okay, because it's just an, "undeveloped clump of cells."

_________________
"Rap isn't music, it's a semi-coherent negro!"


Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:54 pm
Profile
Godzilla

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:42 pm
Posts: 908
Post 
Speed_DemonX wrote:
Surely that cartoon shows why abortion is okay? Of course it's dumb that you get fined for eating the eggs of a dying breed of bird (who cares?). But it also shows that abortion is okay, because it's just an, "undeveloped clump of cells."


IMO It tries to make the point that abortion is not ok. The argument that the condor egg is just an "undeveloped clump of cells" is generally seen as illogical in this case (as it’s an endangered species), but human life should be more precious than any endangered species, yet it is acceptable to abort human embryos.


Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:28 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 3045
Post 
if i got a 15 year old girl pregnant, i would still want abortion to be an open option. (btw im also 15 so dont start calling me a pedophile) Nothing like a baby during highschool to totaly ruin two peoples lives.

_________________
Alt-F4


Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:03 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Posts: 763
Location: UK
Post 
vic wrote:
if i got a 15 year old girl pregnant, i would still want abortion to be an open option. (btw im also 15 so dont start calling me a pedophile) Nothing like a baby during highschool to totaly ruin two peoples lives.

Exactamundo!

_________________
"Rap isn't music, it's a semi-coherent negro!"


Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:11 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:11 am
Posts: 5648
Location: Murderapolis
Post 
Quote:
Nothing like a baby during highschool to totaly ruin two peoples lives.


If you can't handle the consequences, maybe you shouldn't be fucking. :wink: There is always adoption.

_________________
You are way too stupid to know what a zygote is, motherfucker.


Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:28 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 3045
Post 
good point, zblsw. thats why we have condoms i guess....

_________________
Alt-F4


Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:47 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Posts: 763
Location: UK
Post 
Condoms can break... and adoption? Well, aside from the mental anguish of having to give up a baby after it's been born, it still means that she'd have to go through with the pregnancy, which for a 15 year old or whatever, is no doubt going to be more painful/stressful than for a 30 year old, for example. It also means at least, what, a month or two off school. And besides, what if no foster parents can be found, it means that the child will have to spend his/her childhood in a home, which I'm sure a lot of people will tell you is not particularly pleasant, especially not if the child has to spent their childhood in limbo between several families. And of course there's the matter of the child/parent trying to get in touch with their parent/child years later, which may or may not be welcomed by either party. For these reasons I truly believe that abortion can be better for both the parent(s) and the child(ren).

_________________
"Rap isn't music, it's a semi-coherent negro!"


Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:59 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:11 am
Posts: 5648
Location: Murderapolis
Post 
I knew a whore in high school who had at least 2 abortions. I just think it's the easy way out.

_________________
You are way too stupid to know what a zygote is, motherfucker.


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Posts: 763
Location: UK
Post 
zblsw wrote:
I knew a whore in high school who had at least 2 abortions. I just think it's the easy way out.

Yep, it is, why would you take the hard way out?

_________________
"Rap isn't music, it's a semi-coherent negro!"


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:08 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
Speed_DemonX wrote:
zblsw wrote:
I knew a whore in high school who had at least 2 abortions. I just think it's the easy way out.

Yep, it is, why would you take the hard way out?


Because it doesn't deny people the right to exist...? :?

_________________
- Ryan


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:10 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Posts: 763
Location: UK
Post 
You can't really call, "a clump of undeveloped cells," people. Besides, I just said in my previous post that it's probably better for both parties if the baby is aborted rather than adopted.

_________________
"Rap isn't music, it's a semi-coherent negro!"


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:12 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
Speed_DemonX wrote:
You can't really call, "a clump of undeveloped cells," people. Besides, I just said in my previous post that it's probably better for both parties if the baby is aborted rather than adopted.


Sure I can. Biology classifies them as human beings from the minute they are conceived. As undeveloped as they are, they're still human. Premature babies are undeveloped, and they can't live outside the womb without extraneous machinery. That doesn't give you the right to suddenly kill it by disembodiment or sucking its brains out of its head.

I've known several adopted people and they don't seem to sit around thinking "I wish I was aborted. I wish I was aborted."

_________________
- Ryan


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:25 pm
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 2:13 am
Posts: 418
Location: The Valley Dude
Post 
I have a solution for you GUYS. If you don't want an abortion, then don't have one. But if a girl wants one, it isn't any of your business. By the way, the WHORES you are referring to who got pregnant, were impregnated by whore boys who should keep their dick zipped up or covered in plastic wrap. They should also be bringing their own spermicide for the girl to use to protect any spillage.

_________________
You want to kiss me, admit it!


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:35 pm
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 2:13 am
Posts: 418
Location: The Valley Dude
Post 
By the way, what did this topic have to do with Racer X? :)

_________________
You want to kiss me, admit it!


Last edited by Bitchen on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:36 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Posts: 763
Location: UK
Post 
Ryan wrote:
Sure I can. Biology classifies them as human beings from the minute they are conceived. As undeveloped as they are, they're still human. Premature babies are undeveloped, and they can't live outside the womb without extraneous machinery. That doesn't give you the right to suddenly kill it by disembodiment or sucking its brains out of its head.

I've known several adopted people and they don't seem to sit around thinking "I wish I was aborted. I wish I was aborted."

No it's not, at the moment of conception, this "person" is a cell, it is no more of a human than a bit of arm tissue.

And the point about adoption is irrelevant, I didn't say that all people who were adopted would rather have been aborted, but under some circumstances, i.e. in poor foster homes, being moved between families, some people would rather they had been aborted, because the life they have is not good at all.

Bitchen is right.

_________________
"Rap isn't music, it's a semi-coherent negro!"


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:39 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 3045
Post 
Bitchen wrote:
By the way, what did this topic have to do with Racer X? :)


its in the offtopic forum. please pay special attencion to the word OFFTOPIC.
:wink:

_________________
Alt-F4


Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 360 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.