View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bruce Bouillet's ORANGE IBANEZ ICEMAN FOR SALE 
Dr. X

If your going for it, let me know so I don't bid on it and drive your price up ;-)

Apart from nostalgia, why would you want it Eddie? Couldn't you just build one of these anyway?

Actually that's a good idea - any idea how much an exact replica would be?

I fuckin' hate scammers man, they drive me mad. Never happened to me yet and checking boards as cool as this means that it hopefully never will. 8)

Tue May 17, 2005 11:58 am
Promises to use Search button

Post Re: Bruce Bouillet's ORANGE IBANEZ ICEMAN FOR SALE
Just to clarify the discussions on Bruces guitar. It is going to sell to the highest bidder and it is 100% original. The reason the first bid was placed was the seller does not want nor has the time to deal with ebay questions from not serious bidders. The reserve has now been met. The guitar was bought in 1992 from one of Bruces students. And has been in a private collection ever since. The owner has a huge collection of Guitars and amps including over 40 guitars and various Marshall, Soldano and Metaltronic amps. THIS IS NOT A SCAM.

Wed May 18, 2005 6:44 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Just to clear up any fears of a bogus auction, I've played this guitar a bunch of times and it's 100% legit. I didn't know it was up for sale until tonight when I talked to the owner.

The owner of this guitar is pretty busy doesn't have any experience with ebay so he had someone else set up the auction for him.

I emailed a forum member about this guitar a year or so ago, but it didn't come to much as the owner wasn't all that interested in selling it at that point.

BTW I personally have nothing to do with the sale, but know the owner and have met the seller a few times too. They are both good guys and not scammers.

Wed May 18, 2005 6:54 am
Superhero

yeah but bidding on your own auction 'to start the bidding' is still DODGY

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Wed May 18, 2005 2:41 pm
God Of The Sun

Yeah :?

Wed May 18, 2005 5:32 pm
Viking Kong

That takes me out of the bidding... Hope it's someone on the board that gets it...X :wink:

Wed May 18, 2005 6:18 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Yeah but the Iceman/Destroyer hybrid is one cool guitar. I really wish Ibanez had put it in production back in the day ala the pgm series during the Mr Big era.

It's way lighter than it looks and has a real prototype feel to it --no metal plate on the bolt-on neck, screws for strap buttons etc. The neck is really skinny and the whole guitar feels really different from any production model I've played. The Kahler flyer trem was a pretty cool feature too.

I'll be sorry when it's sold, as I made a few offers on it over the years myself but he'll get more for it on ebay...

And by my sword you will die.

Wed May 18, 2005 6:53 pm
Dr. X

First, lets get the information correct here. Bruce had already parted with this guitar BEFORE 1992. I know. I was good friends with Bruce during those years, and I first started taking lessons from Bruce in '88 and it was already gone. His orange Epiphone that I now own became his main guitar by this time. Maybe perhaps you meant in 1992 it was bought from Bruce's student?

Holy horseballs, $3500 US!!! :shock:

Now I can imagine what Bruce's orange epiphone might fetch on Ebay. Mercy...

I hope somebody, such as Sean, gets his hands on this guitar. It would be great for it to return to somebody that knows Bruce.

I would love to reunite the destroyer with the epiphone for a photo session.

:wink: John

Thu May 19, 2005 12:05 am
Site Admin

EXACTLY.

Total bullshit move.

-Chad

Thu May 19, 2005 1:35 pm
Dr. X

my baby :D

Thu May 19, 2005 4:32 pm

we should report [email protected] ! :evil:

Thu May 19, 2005 4:58 pm
God Of The Sun

at least the guy was honest/stupid enough to say that up front, and not just leave it.... but, he came forward with that info after being questioned....... interesting.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Thu May 19, 2005 7:24 pm
Superhero

so is stringskipper going to put in a killer final bid we wonder......?

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Thu May 19, 2005 7:36 pm
Viking Kong

First, lets get the information correct here. Bruce had already parted with this guitar BEFORE 1992. I know. I was good friends with Bruce during those years, and I first started taking lessons from Bruce in '88 and it was already gone. His orange Epiphone that I now own became his main guitar by this time. Maybe perhaps you meant in 1992 it was bought from Bruce's student?

I hope somebody, such as Sean, gets his hands on this guitar. It would be great for it to return to somebody that knows Bruce.

JJ, I thought for sure you might be interested in being the lucky man on the planet to own both of Bruce's baby's... They're like twins separated at birth.........like.................LUKE and LEIA!!! (sorry guys I had to go there seeing how it opened today and I just got back from the movie theater) :twisted:

Thu May 19, 2005 8:06 pm
Superhero

phew!

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Fri May 20, 2005 5:05 am
Dr. X

JJGray wrote:

JJ, I thought for sure you might be interested in being the lucky man on the planet to own both of Bruce's baby's... They're like twins separated at birth.........like.................LUKE and LEIA!!! (sorry guys I had to go there seeing how it opened today and I just got back from the movie theater) :twisted:

Hey Xela,

My interest in Bruce's guitars were mostly because of how close he and I used to be, and he knew I'd take good care of them. I never really played any of them, except for maybe the white Ibanez, and that was because he used it the least. Nowadays, Bruce has distanced himself from his old guitars and past, so I really have no desire to acquire any more of them, although it would be cool to get a few photos taken of them together.

I would only sell the orange epiphone if I really wanted the money. That hasn't been the case in the last 20 years. You just never know though.

John :wink:

Fri May 20, 2005 6:44 am
God Of The Sun

what a prick this guy was..... there was a question as to what happened to bruce's green epiphone and a question about the neck pickup on the listing asked by other people. this guy didnt know the answer... so i responded with the answers to these questions.... if the guy asking the question about the green epiphone had any common sense, he could have looked at the picture of the poster that was on the listing... the smashed green epiphone was hanging on the corner of an amp stack behind bruce.
Well, the prick responded to me. his response was: "YEAH WHATEVER" WHAT A PRICK!!!!
Sometimes i really hate Ebay, and a lot of people on Ebay. I hope that whomever won that auction doesn't get screwed out of their $5000 or the guitar.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Fri May 20, 2005 11:28 am

Don't worry,the oarnge Ibanez is going to a former student of bruce.Have to keep them with those who appreciate and value them!By the way who was the wonderful man who bid at the end of the auction jacking the price way up? :twisted: I bet you ar for kicking your self in the ass for loosing by$50 :lol:

Melody

Fri May 20, 2005 3:03 pm
God Of The Sun

good.... i'm very glad that the guitar is going to someone who appreciates it for what it is, and not just some schmuck.

Fri May 20, 2005 3:28 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Post Good Home for Iceman
First time poster, long time reader...

Please forgive the "enthusiasm" of melody. She surprised me last night with the news on the guitar, that we won the bid.

The whole reason I went to GIT were those guitars on that poster. After reading that Bruce was a student of Paul's, I was jazzed by the idea of becoming the next "Die-Hard Rock Warrior" from the mid-west.

I was lucky enough to go there at a time when there were great Open Counseling Sessions, like Paul Hanson, who is still a friend, and Bruce who quickly became a huge inspiration.

So when a chance came up to own THAT guitar, my wife jumped on it for me (pretty darn cool huh).

(BTW, of course JJ a photo shoot is more than possible since I am down your way every NAMM! I will also tell you the story of watching Bruce cut out the original SM-3 neck pickup out of your guitar during one of the Open Counseling Sessions!)

Long story longer, it is going to a good home/studio. I only worry that I might need to install a drool guard for my friends. :lol:

Best,

NL

Fri May 20, 2005 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next