View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 A Report from Terri Schiavo's Room 
Godzilla

It's kind of funny how all of these pro-death advocates are screaming for Terri's personal liberties... when they immediately dismiss any accounts that she has communicated with her parents as being an "impulsive reaction." They then go on to dehumanize Terri, calling her a tax-wasting braindead zombie with a lower IQ than a head of cauliflower.

Even the doctors who have examined her agree. The PERSON who was Terri Schiavo is no longer part of the equation. The lights went out fifteen years ago..

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:17 pm
Godzilla

If you think Adultery is just some $25 fine...my condolences. Sounds like you take it as lightly as one of your parents did back 78.

If he wanted to have a relationship with another woman after her health problems....go for it. Get a divorce, and fuck away.

I take it you've had a bad experience with infidelity, yourself. You have my condolences.

Adultery is a HUGE deal to me.. That's why I've never married. I don't want to make the decision to marry unless I'm absolutely sure about myself AND the person I'm with.

BTW, don't start judging me like you are Michael Schiavo. It's not becoming.

Last edited by GTRMAN on Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:20 pm
Godzilla

Here's a question for all of you out there who maintain that Terri Schiavo should remain alive at all costs..

Say, you're right that we do have an ethereal spirit/soul and that soul is contained withing the human body for as long as our body lives. Now one day you're body suffers an extremely traumatic event where the soul can no longer communicate with the body that contains it. Nor can it have any contact with the outside world. Sort of like Terri's soul/consciousness being kept in a small pitch-black room.
If your soul/cousciousness were in that state, wouldn't you want to be set free to pass to WHATEVER exists outside this plain of existence? Solitary confinement and isolation is torture. Have you ever thought that maybe that's what Terri is going through?

Think about it.. Wouldn't the COMPASSIONATE thing be to let her pass?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:20 pm
Godzilla

I take it you've had a bad experience with infidelity, yourself. You have my condolences.

I take it you've have a bad experience with disabled people. Your defense of this murder is repulsive.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Last edited by Sandman on Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:44 pm
Godzilla

It's kind of funny how all of these pro-death advocates are screaming for Terri's personal liberties... when they immediately dismiss any accounts that she has communicated with her parents as being an "impulsive reaction." They then go on to dehumanize Terri, calling her a tax-wasting braindead zombie with a lower IQ than a head of cauliflower.

Home run!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:54 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:

I take it you've have a bad experience with disabled people. Your defense of this murder is repulsive.

I'm not defending murder.. I'm supporting compassion. I hope you don't have trouble telling the difference. Please refer to my previous post.

And no, I've had not bad experiences with the disabled. Terri is not merely "disabled". She is severely and permenantly brain-damaged. She is missing most of her cerebral cortex. People don't recover from this. Especially not after 15 years.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:55 pm
Godzilla

Ryan wrote:

Home run!

Not at all.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:55 pm
Viking Kong

The fact he's living with, having sex with, has children with another woman is NOT a presumption.

It's fact.

It's adultery.
Some of us still take the "'till death do us part" phrase seriously.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:03 pm
Godzilla

KenHower wrote:
The fact he's living with, having sex with, has children with another woman is NOT a presumption.

It's fact.

It's adultery.
Some of us still take the "'till death do us part" phrase seriously.

Put yourself in HIS shoes. Not only that, but it's not nature or god that's keeping her alive, now is it.

It also depends on your definition of death.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:08 pm
Viking Kong

He has recognised that his wife is dead. Kudos to him for moving on.
Then why push the issue so hard to see that she's killed again? Removing any food or water, & being compassionate don't equate with me. Putting her in an induced coma would be more compassionate.

Last edited by Rich on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:09 pm
Godzilla

I'm not defending murder.

If you don't intend to defend murder, you'd better change your position.
GTRMAN wrote:
I'm supporting compassion.
Then you're supporting the wrong team.
GTRMAN wrote:
And no, I've had not bad experiences with the disabled. Terri is not merely "disabled". She is severely and permanently brain-damaged. She is missing most of her cerebral cortex. People don't recover from this. Especially not after 15 years.

I think a lot of folks are disability-phobic. It's natural, really. I heard a paraplegic on the radio today. She's been such since 1967. She said, prior to here accident, she was repulsed when she encountered a paraplegic, and thought to herself that she would never want to live that way. But she said, the human spirit is more adaptive then we often imagine. And when the choice is between a very less than optimal existence and death, the desire is frequently for a less than optimal existence. Suicide rates among the disabled are much lower than those of society at large.

You need to consider all the information. If you just discard the affidavits of her care givers, you're not being intellectually honest. This to me sounds like a classic Scott Peterson, CSI, whatever you want to call it, murder case. The ex-husband has something to hide and he's removing the last remaining evidence. At least it sure looks that way. And to err on the side of killing her in light of such testimony is insane! If only she was a death row inmate instead of one of those "icky people," maybe she would get a little respect.

Then there’s the whole issue of the desires of her family. I won’t get into that other than to point out that you have NO compassion for them.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:14 pm
Viking Kong

for those unable to pay for life support for these patients, what does it cost the taxpayers to keep them alive?
Are you suggesting that we do away with anyone who's inconveniencing us? I can think of worse ways that our tax dollars are being spent.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:18 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:
He has recognised that his wife is dead. Kudos to him for moving on.
Then why push the issue so hard to see that she's killed again? Removing any food or water, & being compassionate don't equate with me. Putting her in an induced coma would be more compassionate.

Yeah, why does it bother these people that she's breathing and bringing joy to her loved ones?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:18 pm
Godzilla

Judge not, my friend.

Don't be blind to evidence.

Last edited by Sandman on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:21 pm
Godzilla

drumslut wrote:
for those unable to pay for life support for these patients, what does it cost the taxpayers to keep them alive?
Are you suggesting that we do away with anyone who's inconveniencing us? I can think of worse ways that our tax dollars are being spent.

Not at all. Terri Schaivo is being kept alive through artificial means. It has been determined numerous times that she would not want to live like this. Medical experts give her NO chance of recovery. If there is a soul in that body, she is SUFFERING.

Tell me something. Have you ever had a pet that was so sick or feeble that you had them euthanized because you didn't want to see them suffer? You were showing compassion. The same kind of compassion I'm supporting in this case.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:
Judge not, my friend.

Don't be blind ot evidence.

The courts viewed all the evidence and found no merit to any of your points. That is why they allowed the feeding tube be removed. Why do you ignore it?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:25 pm
Viking Kong

Not at all. Terri Schaivo is being kept alive through artificial means.
Food & water?

GTRMAN wrote:
Tell me something. Have you ever had a pet that was so sick or feeble that you had them euthanized because you didn't want to see them suffer? You were showing compassion. The same kind of compassion I'm supporting in this case.
I think this is a pretty good analogy, but the only flaw is that I wouldn't starve my pet to death. I'd make it quick. Wouldn't you agree?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:28 pm
Godzilla

If you live in Maryland, I assume you are too. You have heating in your house, don't you? That's artificial. You would't be alive without it. There are tens of thousands of your fellow citizens who can't take food orally. I do think you are disabailty-phobic.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:29 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:
Food & water?

GTRMAN wrote:
I think this is a pretty good analogy, but the only flaw is that I wouldn't starve my pet to death. I'd make it quick. Wouldn't you agree?

Yep.. Unfortunately, the "conservatives" in this country won't allow for that. Unfortunately, this is the only way to legally go about it.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:30 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:

It's not appropriate to apply the same ethical standards to fellow human beings that we do to animals (even pets).

Last edited by Sandman on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next