View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Amp setting u guys would recommend? 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Amp setting u guys would recommend?
Hi guys, im using an Ibanez RG3120 thru a distortion pedal straight to a Lany VH100L... what im thinking is.. wads a good setting for rhythm work and which pedal for lead boost? im having a choice of a ds-1, super overdrive, and metalzone. the RG3120 has a paf pro in the neck and a tonezone in the bridge..

settings anyone?

Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:39 pm
Motorman

Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:19 pm
God Of The Sun

Anything that ISNT boss. Get lioke a ts-9 or something. And why do you need a distortion pedal if your playing through a VH???

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:16 am
Profile YIM WWW
is the Siren's Eye

oh... thats because i dun have the footswitch that comes with the amp.. thats why~ i need to switch between clean and dirty for some stuffs~ hahaha... anyway i need the amps settings though...

Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:25 am
is the Siren's Eye

oh... thats because i dun have the footswitch that comes with the amp.. thats why~ i need to switch between clean and dirty for some stuffs~ hahaha... anyway i need the amps settings though...

Best bet would be to buy the footswitch, it should be cheaper than a new pedal anyways. Your amp has better distortion than any pedal you could find. If your insistent on getting an overdrive buy the Fulltone Fulldrive 2, its the best one out there. But its expensive, worth it though.

If you want to buy and SD-1 I got one, its pretty much brand new. Let me know if your interested.

Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:14 am
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

errr thanx guys, for the offer, but im getting kinda confused here... was juz wanting a setting for a good rhythm tone with the amp, a dirty rhythm tone, then using either the ds-1 or metalzone to boost it abit for leads.. the pedals i have now are the ds-1, metalzone and super overdrive, because i can borrow them from my fren who is currently usig the gt3 now and so does not need the pedals, this way i dun need to spend more money~

but thanx guys for replying to me~

Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]