View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PINK / GREEN 
Godzilla

Yes indeed white text on black background is good. White backgrounds are always hurting my eyes when i'm roaming the forums during the NIGHT. You know i'm a necrophiliac. Pink and green stands for something. The symbol of ROTTEN FLESH. I mr necro like this skin. I like vaginal skin and i like pink / green skin.

Anyway enough about me. New things always needs time to get used to. After week or so you will like the pink / green skin. If not i'll be waiting for your corpse and i'll fuck and eat it. ( i'm serious on this one)

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:13 pm
Viking Kong

Ken, people are already aware of the pink and green stuff. It's the default for users who are not logged in... and I would know because I need to log back in every single time I come back here (problem with this computer). All newcomers see this color scheme.

I just can't stand the black background. Sharp hot colors agaist a black background kill my eyes... and I have extremely sensitive eyes. Subtle colors are nice... if even all you did was maybe change the background color to a dark burgundy then this would be a lot more bearable.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:46 pm
Superhero

It doesn't make sense to force this on the people that don't like it, especially when theres an option to choose. Its like sitting at a table full of differant foods and only letting us eat the ones that you like! Its not fair.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:49 pm
Godzilla

I wasn't moaning about the black and white. If all the colours were black/white/shades of grey it might be an improvement from the blue version.

Illuminious text is a nightmare at the best of times, let alone when you've gotta concentrate your eyes on a "light bulb".

Ryan is right about all the new users seeing this when they sign up, and most people don't even work out how to change the theme.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:09 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

I think you should change the background colors... if not a lot, just a little. The black makes everything just jump off the page. I was straining my eyes after trying to read this entire thread. A dark red would look a lot better as a background color, trust me... my eyes would thank you for it.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:49 am
Site Admin

Ken, people are already aware of the pink and green stuff. .

Gee really?? Eddie had no idea. Ya think he's the only one?? Since nobody reads the news page...well. So you're wrong.

Newsflash...for 30 years prior to the 80's...ALL computer screens were BLACK with White Text....aside from Compaq using Orange and White and Wang using Green/White.

I'll change it back after the weekend.....

Nobody has more sensitive eyes than me....Blue...I wear sunglasses INDOORS sometimes and I can't drive with a white sky without sunglasses.

You can sure see which people go with the flow...and who's inflexible.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

BTW....this is the SAME damn colors as the web site.

I haven't gotten 1 COMPLAINT.....all have been positve.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Wang

Heh Heh--Wang--Heh Heh

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:54 pm
Godzilla

the thing i dont´understand is that when i used to log in the forum it would automatically turn white and blue... so i didn´t even know there was this option of pink and green... why is that?

Albert Einstein

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 pm
Godzilla

ahh forget it.. i read the style change thread..!! i now know why :)

Albert Einstein

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:32 pm
is O.H.B.

I can't believe you're arguing over a skin!

Doesnt that strike any of you as pathetic! Just be thankful you've got the goddamn site instead of whining over what colour it is!

Damn.

I'm famous for this - Image

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

I find it very funny.....we have grown ups...throwing temper tantrums....over colors.

Tom....for what it's worth....I use this scheme EVERY DAY......and prefer it...

Regards,
Ken

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Tom....for what it's worth....I use this scheme EVERY DAY......and prefer it...

Me too. I sometimes have trouble seeing things though. My monitors currently plotting to die at some point where i most need it so im taking things steady. Fucking computers!

I'm famous for this - Image

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Godzilla

ah i no longer care.. got used to it.. you can leave it pink for what i care..!! at least the forum is still here

Albert Einstein

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:34 pm
Viking Kong

Ryan wrote:
Ken, people are already aware of the pink and green stuff. .

Gee really?? Eddie had no idea. Ya think he's the only one?? Since nobody reads the news page...well. So you're wrong.

Newsflash...for 30 years prior to the 80's...ALL computer screens were BLACK with White Text....aside from Compaq using Orange and White and Wang using Green/White.

I'll change it back after the weekend.....

Nobody has more sensitive eyes than me....Blue...I wear sunglasses INDOORS sometimes and I can't drive with a white sky without sunglasses.

You can sure see which people go with the flow...and who's inflexible.

I didn't know that people didn't see the scheme, because I see it everytime I get back on my computer. Is there a way you can make the default Pink and Green without disabling access to the other schemes? Like maybe delete Red and Gray and Blue and White and then upload them again with different names so the server doesn't know that they are the colors the people chose, and they'd just be stuck on Pink and Green til they change it? That would make things more "permenant" - being that anyone (like Eddie) who comes here after the weekend won't see this pink and green scheme... and we'll still be back where we started.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:02 pm
Site Admin

The default IS pink/Green. I forced the scheme so that OLD users (like Eddie) would know it existed....I'm pretty sure that's what I wrote.

BTW..

Metal Sludge....Same scheme.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules. ... file=index

Regards,
Ken

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:41 pm
Superhero

NOW look what you've done!

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:52 pm
God Of The Sun

I can't believe you're arguing over a skin!

Doesnt that strike any of you as pathetic! Just be thankful you've got the goddamn site instead of whining over what colour it is!

Damn.
well said........ these are the standard colors that i use all the time anyway..... i prefer these colors...... easier to read.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next