View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Wow, those tabs are awsome! 
Superhero

Post Wow, those tabs are awsome!
Hello everyone! I just made this account today and look forward to talking to all of you. Recently I discovered Racer X and has become one of my favorite bands...but anyway.

This might have been asked 1000 times already but where did they get those tabs from? (I think the site said that the webmaster found them on the internet or something like that) I am used to getting tabs from places like OLGA.net and these things are amazing! I was especially impressed with on of the songs from Superhero's (forget which one) which had all 3 guitars tabbed. Who makes those? Is he god? If he isn't should he be?

Btw I have been playing guitar for a year now and after the first time I heard a Racer X song Paul Gilbert instantly became my idol, wow, all I have to say, wow.

Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:25 am
is evil...Evil Joe

hi man and welcome to the most awsom forum in the world you like it in here i promise you !1!

THE TABS i think our frieands chad and ken put on the site i dont know where thay got them but i think they are great also

by
nicjackson
israel

"time to break free "

Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Godzilla

Hey man, welcome to the site! I hope that you enjoy yourself on here!

Those tabs are really great for learning the solos!!!! Without them I think it would be a challange to try and figure them out. Of course that is how; as a guitar player, you learn. If you sit and try to figure out the song for yourself your ears will be better trained!

The only thing that I have against the tabs is that there really is no rhythm or fills!!!! I have been able to sit and figure out quit a few of the tunes, but there is a lot that I have trouble with! That is why having those tabs would be helpfull. If a person was stuck on something for an extended amout of time they could use the tabs as a guide to learning those difficult riffs! That in turn would maybe help them out in figuring out a similar riff in another tune! That is my whole take on the tab situation!

I try not to use tabs to learn every note unless it really needs to be learned that way! Kind of like Van Halens Eruption. That is one of those tunes that you would want to learn note for note! Mainly cause Eruption is really known for each and every riff! Any other improvised way; UNLESS YOUR EDDIE, would not be the same! I guess what I am trying to say is that a signature solo or a signature piece in a solo sould remain the same! Everything around those signature riffs are up to you! I learned that from my second guitar teacher!

Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:08 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Wow, those tabs are awsome!
Wilsman00 wrote:
Hello everyone! I just made this account today and look forward to talking to all of you. Recently I discovered Racer X and has become one of my favorite bands...but anyway.

This might have been asked 1000 times already but where did they get those tabs from? (I think the site said that the webmaster found them on the internet or something like that) I am used to getting tabs from places like OLGA.net and these things are amazing! I was especially impressed with on of the songs from Superhero's (forget which one) which had all 3 guitars tabbed. Who makes those? Is he god? If he isn't should he be?

Btw I have been playing guitar for a year now and after the first time I heard a Racer X song Paul Gilbert instantly became my idol, wow, all I have to say, wow.

The Superhero tabs are brand new. Those were created by a guy named Jan Butz. He emailed them to me a few weeks ago.

2 years ago, when I started...I got all Tabs from "the net"...just doing searches. But over the past 2 years, many of the players on the site have emailed me their work.

You can often tell, when you open them, and inside are 3 or 4. In the beginning...I only 1 per song.

Regards,
Ken

Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

hehe, Ken... i just sent them to you, i didn't tab that song out, but i'm working on the missing and incomplete ones. i got them from someone here on the board, don't remember exactly ... carnflab or josh? thanks again guys...

Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:39 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for sending still the same.

Regards,
Ken

Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

Have you checked out the "REH video intro" thread? Just about everyone who's asked for that has commented that it was accurate. I have just about all the old stuff tabbed out and am starting on the newer stuff. Crunch

Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:19 am
Promises to use Search button

Welcome aboard,

You should really have a look at da crunchguy's tabs of 'paul's 1st REH instructional video'..........they are simply fantastic!!

If you aint got the video you can downlaod the clip from the video's section on this site.......enjoy and good luck.

Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]