View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Bad attempt of playing some Becker's 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Bad attempt of playing some Becker's
Sorry for my bad playing!! I tried to play "Serrena" and "Mable Fatal Fable" by Jason. Pls give me some suggestions.

http://www.takhochan.com/video/serrena.wmv

http://www.takhochan.com/video/mablefatalfable.wmv

Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:56 am
is evil...Evil Joe

hi man its hard to know its the song you refar to bec its alot of missing nots
i can see you can play sweep picking but beckers sweep is a litle harder bec they longer.
try to practice them sepertly and the "glow" them together
try it maybe you can manage it that way .

i hope i halp in ant way (i dont htink so but..)

rock on
nicjackson

"time to break free "

Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Motorman

Honestly I think the way you play Mabel is WAYYY!! harder than the tab I have for it..

<looking>

I found the tab but you can't attach shit? :(

Might have to email you it..

Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:49 pm
is the Siren's Eye

[quote="nicjackson"]hi man its hard to know its the song you refar to bec its alot of missing nots
i can see you can play sweep picking but beckers sweep is a litle harder bec they longer.
try to practice them sepertly and the "glow" them together
try it maybe you can manage it that way .

i hope i halp in ant way (i dont htink so but..)

rock on
nicjackson[/quote]

Thanks for your reply!! As I said it was my bad attempt to play this song, but, frankly, I follow the tabs notes per notes. They are all 6 notes per beat. Please try to see my first finger which has to stretch to hit the lower note. Surely, it is not perfect and as fast as becker's, but I think it has no missing notes.

Tak-ho

Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:08 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Post sec try
hi tek
\
i guess i miss that lower note or no im sorry if i afend you in any way .

my por english spelling is not halping ither :-)

i ment in missing nots that alot of them sound scratch or "tube in " if you know what i mean .
like the guy here say i think also you got it harder that it is originaly, so i guess its the main problem .
but my insight about sperate them and gluw them together after is still stand .

i hope you manage to do this both

i never try to do them the only becker i ever did is cacophony- concerto
and i play preaty close
becker stuff are great but i prefer to play yngwie , pg, greg howe , dt stuff ect.

by
nicjackson
israel

"time to break free "

Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:29 am
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

It's obvious your playing isn't the problem. The tablature you're using to learn that song must be WAY off because one, it looks VERY difficult the way you're trying to play it, and the way I play it. If you don't manage to get the right tablature, i'd be happy to send it to you. I could Email it to you or send it through AIM. Good playing, I just think you're being mislead by that tablature.

Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:12 pm
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

[quote="Street Lethal"]It's obvious your playing isn't the problem. The tablature you're using to learn that song must be WAY off because one, it looks VERY difficult the way you're trying to play it, and the way I play it. If you don't manage to get the right tablature, i'd be happy to send it to you. I could Email it to you or send it through AIM. Good playing, I just think you're being mislead by that tablature.[/quote]

Cool!! I want to see your tabs!! Please send them to takhochan@hotmail.com About the tabs I got, I got the tab of "Mable Fatal Fable" from this site http://www.francescofareri.com/main.htm and another one transcribed by Peter. I compare the 2 and modified some parts. Anyway, Please send me your tab and let me make it easy to play, cos they really spend some hours to practise.

Ho

Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:52 am
God Of The Sun

Sent the tabs to ya, Hope they help out. They helped me learn what I do know of the song, and I don't think any of it is wrong. Let me know if you don't get the file, i'll try sending it again.

Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:38 pm
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

:wink: I saw the videos... I also saw you playing COLORADO BULLDOG and, obviously, the problem with Becker stuff is that you have not studied that pieces very well... practice them 1 week and you will certainly play 'em well... your tecnique is very good and clean... I was surprised that you missed many notes, but they did'nt sound dirt...

that is good...
My advice is: Practice them more and film them again and post again 8)

Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:26 am
Profile ICQ
is the Siren's Eye

I have got the tabs from you guys. Thanks for sending me nice tabs. In fact, I used to follow this tab, but I give it up, as I think the fingering is not so comfortable to me. After I have got the tabs from francesco fareri, I changed the fingering. Surely, they are the same notes and different frets. I find it more comfortable. Anyway, thanks for you guys sending me the tabs!!

About the Colorado Bulldog, could you tell me which notes I have missed out??? Since I pick it up by seeing Paul's Terrifying guitar Trip video. I follow the picking pattern and the fingering he uses. Frankly, I am not arguing, but I really don't know what the problem is and which notes I have missed. If you guys could show me how to play them, I will appreciate so much!!!!

Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:16 am
is the Siren's Eye

About the Colorado Bulldog, could you tell me which notes I have missed out??? Since I pick it up by seeing Paul's Terrifying guitar Trip video. I follow the picking pattern and the fingering he uses. Frankly, I am not arguing, but I really don't know what the problem is and which notes I have missed. If you guys could show me how to play them, I will appreciate so much!!!!

I'm sorry... I wanted to mean that I saw you playing COLORADO BULLDOG and it was perfect, so the tecnique wouldn't be your problem...
But you miss a lot of notes in the songs of Jason Becker :wink:

Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:43 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]