View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Best Guitarist Besides PG...Danny Danzi, any of u know him? 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Best Guitarist Besides PG...Danny Danzi, any of u know him?
this guy is the greatest ever...fastest....and hes the most melodic out there, his writing is genius...chek out majic soul 1 or majic soul 2

Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:03 pm
God Of The Sun

Never heard of him before. I'll check out some of his stuff.

Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:05 pm
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

imet him at guitarwar.com.....hes the best ive ever heard i swear, since i met him 4 yearsagoi talk to him at least once a week ....every once in a while heputs on a live show in paltalk....absolutely terrifyingly amazing...like technique wise he makes PG look silly, and he doesnt just play fast shit hes totally melodic, great vibrato, i dunno why he isnt as famous as PG........i dunno who i like better, i reallylove gilberts note selection ...i duno

Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:09 pm
God Of The Sun

That would be fun to listen to him play over Paltalk. When does he put on the shows? I'll definitely sign on and listen if I know when and where to go.

Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:31 pm
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

well he doesnt liek officially do it.....hes on paltalk lotsa thou and likeonce in a blue moon he pullsout his gutiar and rips for hours....liek he wwent to yahoo chat all the tiem but ppl there were asshoels so he stopped playing there and on paltalk ppl tend mto be nicer so he plays more often, u jsut gotta catch himon a good day......hell be in any of the guitarrooms, mare's gutiar lounge, guitarwar...u jstu gotta check out paltalk every now and then......danny danzi is a living legend on paltalk and yahoo and at guitarwar i dunno how most u guys dont knowhim...also he says hes clsoe friends with vinnie moore, paul giblert, and EVH

Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:10 am
God Of The Sun

The GuitarWar room on PT requires a password. Damn.Does this room belong to that website, GuitarWar? The one you gotta pay monthly for to be a member of.

Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:05 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Danzi
Danny is defintely a technical and extremely emotive player. Very cool solo style, and excellent vocalist/songwriter on top of that. Danny is also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and if you run into him on PalTalk, he types faster than he solos :wink:

His site is http://www.dannydanzi.com/ and I think you can order his CDs from there.

Regarding GuitarWar, it's an excellent site, and really worth $5 a month (I think that's the fee). You'd think with so many guitarists in one room, fights would break out all the time, but it's actually a great group of players of all skill levels who are generall very friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps. Btw, I don't work for/with Danny or GuitarWar... these are just personal opinions, not paid advertisements! :)

Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:55 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Ooops
Sorry, StreetLethal, I just saw the question about the GW room. There actually used to be only one room, then it split into two rooms. One of them is called Guitar War Lite, and the other is Guitar War. As far as I know, only the Lite version requires a password, and that got started because a few occurences of "colorful" conversation and antics in the original room was offensive to some. Now there is one room that is a bit more adult oriented, and the other which is appropriate for everyone.

If you see me on there, my screen name is MisterKaizen. Give me a yell!

Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Promises to use Search button

Post I know that dude!
Adam, is that you?! :-Þ Thanks for the plug, that was very kind of you. Hey just for the record, (you might have taken me the wrong way) I don't know Paul, Vinman or Eddie VH personally. A few e-mails with Paul over the years, a few clinics where we spoke a bit, and pretty much the same Euro/Japanese scene we both cater to. So pretty much I know them in passing and they may or may not remember me as I've not achieved the star status of any of those guys. :) But it's safe to say I know you personally after what.....3 years? LOL!

Hehe I doubt I can smoke Paul or anyone else, but I'm flattered you feel that way, thanks. Pretty busy with my new album so I've not been to audio chat active. Usually late at night or early mornings while I unwind from insane recording schedules. But I'm sure I'll catch ya on there eventually.

Chad! Nice to see you man, and thanks for the site plug, the kind words and letting me know about this place. Looking forward to taking part in some of the discussions here. BTW Adam, you gotta check out the Chad (Kaizen) monster. The guy is unreal! Plays similar to the way I do and writes just as well. A few listens of his material will make ya beg for more...yeah, he's that insane! Right up your alley for sure. Check back with you guys soon, thanks again for the kind words.

Sincerely,

Danny Danzi
http://www.dannydanzi.com

Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thanks for dropping in....I just went to your site...literally 10 seconds ago....if your stuff is anything like the Flash....you've surely picked up a few more fans.

Just my opinion....but I think your biggest obstacle to being as famous is Paul is the era we're in....since like 1993, it doesn't seem that anyone cares that the guitar player can play a solo.

It sucks.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:12 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the welcome Ken and the kind response. I never wanted to be famous anyway bro. Just being able to share my music with the world is enough for me. :)

What I meant by the same scene in my last post was, I was signed to an overseas label in England that catered to the stuff we listen to. There is actually a pretty decent market for it in parts of Europe and Japan. So they marketed me accordingly and I had some pretty awesome results.

Your right though in what you say, people just don't appreciate good rippage anymore. If you didn't have a name and a following from the 80's, just starting your endeavor in this style of music probably won't merit much unless a major label takes a shot on something that has a bit more to say than just in your face guitar. I actually believe it has a chance to come back in another form of its miraculous introduction, but it will have to really focus more on songwriting and let the solo's be the icing on the cake.

Thinking about it that way also brings to the table "there are no Gods in today's music." No guitar players to worship, no instrumental bliss or great singers etc. That's what sucks to me. I'm not saying that all new stuff is bad, but for the most part...I just want my rock n roll back bro. When guitarists could play, singers could sing, a band could harmonize vocally etc. Call it 80's or "done before" but I call it good tunage. :) It hasn't stopped country and of course they have some great solo's, singers and hooks. Grrr...someday man, ya never know.

As for myself, I'm really more a songwriter with a few cool solo's to pump up the rock crowd that appreciates guitar. More along the lines of Dann Huff from Giant to be honest. I've done a few solo instrumentals, but I really never thought it to be my bag so to speak, so I just continue to focus on tunage with hooks in the songs first and foremost, and give the listener a breath of fresh air in the solo department. I'm pretty much a "if it sounds good it is good" kinda guy. To each his own I guess, 'eh? Cool board man, thanks again.

Sincerely,

Danny Danzi

Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thinking about it that way also brings to the table "there are no Gods in today's music." No guitar players to worship, no instrumental bliss or great singers etc. That's what sucks to me. I'm not saying that all new stuff is bad, but for the most part...I just want my rock n roll back bro. When guitarists could play, singers could sing, a band could harmonize vocally etc. Call it 80's or "done before" but I call it good tunage. :) It hasn't stopped country and of course they have some great solo's, singers and hooks. Grrr...someday man, ya never know.

Amen. Preaching to the choir here.....but we're a nice choir.

You just gotta keep doing ...what you're doing. Cause if you change to something you're not.....then you're just Ron Keel. ;)

Regards,
Ken

Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

then you're just Ron Keel.

LMFAO

Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:12 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Well, i can't find any of the PT rooms you're talkin' 'bout. Cept for guitarwar lite which needs a PW, so I found this other room, Live Metal Guitar, or something. I'm hanging out in there a lot of the time now. my name's "larry" if any of you guys with PT wanna know.

Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:19 am
Profile YIM

Post Awesome
I'll try and catch you on there bro. My name is Danny (space) Danzi on there. :)

Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:40 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Thanks for dropping by the PT room last night and letting me hear some of your stuff. Siiiiick :twisted: If you came back last night, sorry I had to go. I just realized what time it was when you left, I had to get a shower and go to sleep and whatnot, had school. In fact, I'm posting this from the tech. room in my school now. Agh, my teacher just saw me, i gotta go. see ya' later. :lol:

Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:07 pm
Profile YIM
Motorman

Long time old friend. I know i'm not the first, but let me formally welcome you to the Racer X home. It's a great place here. It's very hard to find Racer X fans locally, so this is where we can all meet. Perhaps we can start over again. I look forward to talking to you again, the past was bad memories for both of us and I am sure neither of us want to bring it back. I know you had AOL AIM, if you still have it drop me a message at "SwedishMetal" I got a lot of good things to say.

As long as there is people who enjoy shred music, it will never die.

Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:35 pm

Post Pretty sick yourself!
Hey street, was great to finally hook up with you last night bro. You're an incredible player!!! I definitely didn't expect to hear what I heard from you...not to say I didn't think you were good anyway, but geez man you got the Gilbert stuff down! You should be very proud of your accomplishments coz ya sure made me proud to hear you. Looking forward to doing it again sometime. Hey we should try to get the people here that are interested to come hang out with us. Maybe we can make "The Racer X Board Room" or something. It don't cost anything. :) You rock bro, hope to see ya soon!

Sincerely,

Danny Danzi

Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

Post Thanks
Thanks for the welcome Kronos.

Sincerely,

Danny Danzi

Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Well, that's a great idea Danny. Get a live chat room for Racer X fans. In the mean time, I downloaded Pal Talk and i'm gonna try to jump in with you guys!

I look forward to jamming. I just signed up under the name OnlySwedishMetal. I couldn't remember any other account I had. So anyone who wants to add me to your buddy list or send me a private message blah blah im done ramblin` .. lates!

Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]