View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Got my Marshall! 
Godzilla

Post Got my Marshall!
I just bought myself a 1978 Mashrall JMP 2203 Master Volume in really great condition! I am going to change the tubes to EL34s because the 6550s don't give this amp the classic Marshall creamy distortion! The only way I can describe the sound of this amp is by one classic rock CD!

DEF LEPPARD PYROMANIA! With a little more added gain!!!! I am not kidding, it sounds close to being dead on to the early Def Leppard tone! When I get the EL34s it will sound perfect!

I am getting the Mojave 4x12 to go with it! Eventually I am going to get the Mojave Peacemaker, but first I am getting the cab to run with my 2203! I think that when I get the Peacemaker I will use both it and the 2203 in stereo! Two classic Marshall tones side by side, CRANKED LOUNDER THAN IRON! Both will get plenty of gain, and then some! As far as clean tone goes, since it will be A/Bed together I can always use one or the other for clean for whatever songs that require clean!

Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:32 pm
Dr. X

Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:30 pm
Site Admin

Mot...are you doing the re-bias yourself? Be careful, bro. Be very, very careful.

-Chad

Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:05 am
Godzilla

Mot...are you doing the re-bias yourself? Be careful, bro. Be very, very careful.

-Chad

Heeeellll, no! I have no clue to do any electrical things with amps! I have changed tubes in my 5150s but I have not rebiased them! I am going to let a professional take care of the job!

That way I don't get shocked to death when I plug it back in! LOL Either that or the damn thing explodes in my face! LOL

Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]