View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ibanez guitars 

what is your favorite signature guitar?
Paul Gilbert Ibanez 47%  47%  [ 16 ]
Steve Vai Jem (Ibanez) 35%  35%  [ 12 ]
Joe Satriani JS (Ibanez) 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jeff Beck Strat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Eric Clapton Strat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Randy Rhoads (Jackson) 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Rusty Cooley (7-string Jackson) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kirk Hammett (ESP) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Brian May 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Tonni Iommi SG 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 34

ibanez guitars 
God Of The Sun

As much as I hate to say it, I've never gotten to privelage to play a PGM30 or a PGM300, as much as I would love to own either guitars. Out of the guitars up there that I've actually PLAYED, I'd just have to pick the JS, especially since I own one. ;o

Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:54 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

OK id like to state for the record that rusy cooley has no signature model. He has a custom model and its one of a kind.

Also, the rg,jem,and pgm really arent comparable guitars, save for their shape. THey are totally different sounding. And whoever said that the peavy wolfgand was "a lil bit different in design" is a nutball. For one the the peavey is a ripoff of the ernie ball evh( NOt saying that the peavey isnt good.) and the Ernie ball models were just like the Frankenstrats save for shape. Your and idgit for thiking those guitars are unique, they arent innovative in any way and there is nothing about them that sets them apart from the crowd aside from their shape.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

OK id like to state for the record that rusy cooley has no signature model. He has a custom model and its one of a kind.

Also, the rg,jem,and pgm really arent comparable guitars, save for their shape. THey are totally different sounding. And whoever said that the peavy wolfgand was "a lil bit different in design" is a nutball. For one the the peavey is a ripoff of the ernie ball evh( NOt saying that the peavey isnt good.) and the Ernie ball models were just like the Frankenstrats save for shape. Your and idgit for thiking those guitars are unique, they arent innovative in any way and there is nothing about them that sets them apart from the crowd aside from their shape.

Now does anyone know if the Jem77FP doesn't sound the same as a PGM300?? The pup's are the same, but the wiring is a little different in that the 300 doesn't have a tone knob....Also the radius of the neck is a little slimmer on the PGM, but basically the same guitar....

Besides, as WE ALL KNOW....TONE IS IN THE FINGER'S!!!! For eg....JOE Satchman Satriani asked Brian May if he could try his guitar (to sound like the wondrous Brian May)....Guess what?? He sounded just like Joe Satriani!!

I love all guitar's....I love the JEM JS and PGM the most....What set's the PGM apart for me is the simplicity....No tone knob (and I'd love to get his prototype design), and less shit to break....Plus, IT IS SOO KUUL!! 8) 8)

Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:38 am
Promises to use Search button

Which one of the FP's? There are two different FPs, not thinking about the finish, either direct mounted pickups or mounted in the pickguard. Whether you can hear the difference or not may vary from person to person. I believe you should. I don't know that much about the PGM 300, but I assume it has the reversed headstock that tightens up the lower strings. Resulting in less boomy bass.

Regards

Euph

Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:31 pm
Motorman

I voted for the Ibanez JS because I have a JS1000 and it is the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. I really love it. But, my next axe will definitely be a PGM or Prestige RG.

Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:33 pm
Motorman

I like all of the Ibanez's (surely the plural would be Ibani :) ) and the ZW Gibson. I wanted to get a PGM but i think im going to get a Prestige RG. To answer the question, my fave is the Jem (and Universe) they play and sound so sweet. However, i think they are a bit overpriced. (Does Vai get a cut from each sale??)

Mark

Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:24 pm
Motorman

I cast my vote for the jem.....simply because i own one and i know how it plays...i dont have alot to base off of....only other guitar i played was a few of the js series ones......and personally....i think every guitar should have the tone knob removed....heh...that knob is so damn useless.....almost wanna reverse the numbers on it and re-label the "suck" knob.... :P thats just my pref. though.....so no flaming me...

Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:56 pm
Godzilla

First off, the father of all signature guitars was left off the poll..

***Gibson Les Paul***

Another signature guitar of note that was left off is the Fender Iron Maiden Strat..

I personally prefer PGM model Ibanez guitars... I love both of my PGM30s and my PGM800..

Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:25 pm
God Of The Sun

Eric Johnson would be one of the first to flame you if he read your post regarding the tone knob. I personally agree with you. On my Kramer Pacer I rewired it without the 2 single coils & ripped out the tone knobs. Knobs. Why 2, they're both useless.

Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

Any RG style guitar plays GREAT. The differences between the different JEM, JS, PG and RG models are massive - wood types, pickups, bridges, fingerboards and other aesthetics.

Reachwind...those things ARE awful looking aren't they? (to these eyes at least). I can't play them either!

Ed - i noticed you're from Durham - that wouldn't be Durham in the North of England would it? I live in the same county if so... (be afraid...j/k)

Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I pick RG for me too... You put some Dimarzios and Seymour Duncans and yeahhhh... Sweeettt Tone Heaven!
I´m just going to have one custom job in mine, so it will be one BCM heheh
I just have to come up with a symbol or a logo to place with the pait job, thought... :twisted:

Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:15 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
God Of The Sun

Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2