View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Yet another question... 
God Of The Sun

Post Yet another question...
Um, I've heard this here and there, and even though I have an idea of what it means, when I hear it sometimes used in a phrase, the seemingly self-explanitory definition doesn't seem to fit. What exactly is "Perfect pitch"?

Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:02 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Post Re: Yet another question...
Street Lethal wrote:
Um, I've heard this here and there, and even though I have an idea of what it means, when I hear it sometimes used in a phrase, the seemingly self-explanitory definition doesn't seem to fit. What exactly is "Perfect pitch"?

Its when a person can recognize any note instantly and tell you exactly what it is,. you have to be born with it and there are several different kinds.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

well, i mean, i have really awesome relative pitch (distinguishing a note's pitch by basing it off another note), but it's not neccessarily perfect pitch. i do know some people with perfect pitch, it's cool, but it isn't required to be a good musician by any means.

Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:32 am
Dr. X

I think it's where they identify the note "A" and can get everything else from that, technically; but effectively, it is where you can tell any note no matter what they play.

and no of course it isn't necessary that good musicians have perfect pitch. unfortunately, at many music conservatories and universities, students tend to show off about it. I've met a few and apparently they think they're god's gift ........ eh eh? :p
then I think a friend of mine who says he has perfect pitch is just bluffing half the time :)

Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:49 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]