View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Ive noticed this problem on the boards recordings 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Ive noticed this problem on the boards recordings
There are many great guitarists on this board. And many have placed mp3 files to share. They are all great players and of course are influenced by Mr.Gilbert. But many seem to have trouble playing slow or in time. Im not bashing anybody at all Ive just noticed that these people can shred but they really dont have that soul. I guess thats what makes a great guitarist having both sides. I mean sure Rusty Cooley is cool and Malmsteen and the gang are great and fast but thats it, nothing catchy nothing to keep you comming back. Paul Gilberts solo cds are a great example of soul and speed. Also I figured there will be many people that have a wide variety of guitar techniques so post em here, some more original laid back music. Oh and the fastest guitar player ever is rusty cooley... :wink: and for a great example of a well rounded guitarist check out andy timmons at www.andytimmons.com

Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:56 am
Motorman

i know what you mean.....theres 2 kinds of shred.....free time, which you can pretty much do whatever you want....and then with a band.....keeping time is almost as hard as simply just playing fast......i'm not saying "i know what you mean" about the mp3's people post on the board...i'm just saying i get the difference....as for myself...i can do both...but i really try to stay away from really relly fast freetime shred...unless its in time

Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:31 pm
Motorman

YJM doesn't play with soul........PA Lease Mutha Phuckaaaaa. Sure he just blows a load on some solos, but he can be one of the most melodic and soulful soloist i've ever heard. But i do agree with you on the other guys you mentioned........

Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]