View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Best of these amps! 
Godzilla

Post Best of these amps!
Ok guys, I need your opinion on these amps:

Carvin Legacy

Marshall JCM 800(Original!)

Mojave Peacemaker( For soundclips go to www.mojaveampworks.com)

These are my choices for a new amp! I have narrowed it down to these because I like all of there tones! I think that the Peacemaker is at the top of my list right now!

Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:38 pm
God Of The Sun

I havent plyed throuhg a mojave but i can say this. If you buy the carvin for nothing else, buy it for its SAWEEET ass clean tone. Absoloutlry beautiful. I didnt get to tweak it much but uts got pretty much all the gain youll ever need. I couildnt really get a harsh sound out of it really so i would go for the carvin.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

1. Mojave (definitely the best of the 3)
2. Legacy
3. Marshall

8)

Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:00 pm
God Of The Sun

The guy playing those peacemaker clips was either EVH or a really good EVH wannabe

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

mojave, definitely. not necessarily the best value, but COMPLETELY the best tone. interesting selection there....

Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:01 am
Godzilla

The Mojave is at the top of my list! It has the best tone that I have ever heard! Victor Mason is playing the Van Halen licks! He is the one that built and designed the amp! I have talked to him on the phone plenty of times. He used to work for EVHs tech back in 1998. Van Halen was on the VH3 tour when he repaired Eddies vintage amps! Victor is a huge fan of early Van Halen and classic 70s/ 80s rock! Very good guy to talk to! I can't wait to pick mine up!

Speaking of the Legacy, go to Vais website and check out the new videos from the recording of his new album! His drummer sounds like he's really awesome!

Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:47 am
Motorman

Ahhh! Am I the only one who hasn't heard of Mojave amps?

Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:09 am
God Of The Sun

Definitely not. :oops:

Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:12 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

I hadnt heard of em untill this post.

Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Godzilla

Mojave is acctually part of the Plexi Palace: www.vintageamps.com

These guys have been dealing with guitar tone for many years! Victor Mason told me that he has strived to get Eddie Van Halens original tone for years! He said that the Peacemaker will probably be as close as one could get to the early VH tone! Some of you guys that have heard the soundclips know what I mean! The Peacemaker (with a pedal like a Boss SD-1) can get more preamp gain out of it. He structured it to use more PowerAmp distortion than anything! You can play very clean without it getting muddy!!!!

I have heard player soundclips that have duplicated Styx, Judas Priest(Screaming for Vengence), Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy, TNT(Some dude recorded 10,000 lovers! LOL), AC/DC, and many other great classic Marshall tones to a tee! I am very impressed by this!

I have been researching this amp and many others since last June! I like this one the best! Victor told me that they have a 3 day trial period. If you don't like it, then they will refund your money in full!!!! That is why I think that I am going to take a chance with it! If I don't like it, I can send it back!

Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:37 am
Motorman

The clean is amazing.. no matter where you set it it's gold.

The amp distortion BLOWS ASS. It's fucking horrible by itself.

Worth 1200? HEll no.

and marshall? LOL no marshall is good. or gibson.

thank you.

Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:11 am
Motorman

Yikes, those Mojave amps are expensive. $2450 for a Peacemaker head.

Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:24 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Marshall's flat out kill especially the old or reissue 800's... Anyone who says Marshalls suck knows NOTHING about amplification...

Marshalls are the sound of rock for all time...

Get a Marshall and use it with a tube sceamer or boss superoverdrive as a lead boost

Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:16 pm
Godzilla

Someday I may get a used JCM 800! For now though, I am going to try out the Peacemaker! With an MXR EQ and a Boss SD-1 I may get it to sound just like an 800!

Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:03 am
God Of The Sun

Someday I may get a used JCM 800! For now though, I am going to try out the Peacemaker! With an MXR EQ and a Boss SD-1 I may get it to sound just like an 800!

Why the hell would you buy a mojave peacemaker and try to make it sound like an 800. I have never heard a marshall 800 sound as good as that peacemaker did.

Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Godzilla

motrock wrote:

Why the hell would you buy a mojave peacemaker and try to make it sound like an 800. I have never heard a marshall 800 sound as good as that peacemaker did.

I have the MXR EQ and the Boss SD-1! I thought it would be a cool experiment to see what would happen with it! My main sound though will just be the Peacemaker! You can't get any better than that! All it takes it the right guitar and the right ears to dial in the sound that I want!!!! After I recover from spending tons of money on this amp, I may save up and get myself a PGM 300, and/ or build a guitar.(Mahogony Body, Maple Neck, and an EVH Pickup from SD!) One of those H&K Replexes would be awesome for reverb/ echo!

Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:16 am
is the Siren's Eye

Buy Mesa/Boogie or Engl amp! those rock :twisted:

Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:32 am
Motorman

Carvin Legacy amps sound great. If you couldn't get a sound you like with it it's because you didn't try hard enough. Listen to Tony MacAlpine and Steve Via. Both have great tone and both tweak the amp very differently to get the sound they like.

I really loved mine, but sold it to get another Laney GH model but then was side tracked by a guitar i was searching for. And i prefer the sound of 6L6 tubes to el34s (which the Carvin has). I didn't want to spend the money retubing it and rebiasing it to find out i didn't like the tone of the amp that way.

Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Godzilla

The Boogies just didn't do to much for me! I like the Mashall JCM 800s a lot better than the Boogies! Of course, I am not to nuts about the new metal sound! The classic metal sounds like Zakk Wylde, Metallica, Malmsteen, Racer X, Judas Priest(Painkiller), etc. are some of the best!

The Peacemaker will be able to get me the classic rock/ metal tones of the early 80s such as, Van Halen, Judas Priest(Screaming for Vengence, AC/DC, Def Leppard, MSG, etc.

Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:47 am
God Of The Sun

IamSaTaN wrote:

The Boogies just didn't do to much for me! I like the Mashall JCM 800s a lot better than the Boogies! Of course, I am not to nuts about the new metal sound! The classic metal sounds like Zakk Wylde, Metallica, Malmsteen, Racer X, Judas Priest(Painkiller), etc. are some of the best!

The Peacemaker will be able to get me the classic rock/ metal tones of the early 80s such as, Van Halen, Judas Priest(Screaming for Vengence, AC/DC, Def Leppard, MSG, etc.

*cough* metallica plays through mesas *cough*

Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next