View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 how many guitars u guys have? 
Superhero

Post how many guitars u guys have?
the picture UnholyMother post amazed me, he has like 15 guitars, thats fuckin killer and made wonder how many guitars u guys have (post pics if u can, juz cuz guitars look cool) ?

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:49 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

I got about 9 guitars. About 4 of which work and 2 that arent firewood. I can post pics of my current rig but not the other stuff.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

- Carvin DC127
- Carvin DC727 7 string
- Jackson usa Dinky custom
- Fender usa Malmsteen model strat
- Hamer Californian import
- Eko classical guitar
- Yamaha TRB6II 6 string
- Yamaha RBX 370 4 string

Sorry, no pics right now.....I will post'em soon.... :D

Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:08 pm
God Of The Sun

I've said this a number of times, I don't have a job so I don't have much money to spend on stuff I really like, which is obviously guitars, gear, etc. I've got my two starter guitars, a Peavy Predator and an Alvaretz Acoustic, and I also have an Ibanez JS100. Looking to getting a PGM300 or possibly a Malmsteen Strat, just for the hell of having a nice single-coil guitar.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:42 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

Right now the only two guitars I have are a PGM 30 and a RG421 (hardtail). When I was younger (and didn't have kids to feed) I always had three or more guitars at all times. The most I had at one time was seven.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:07 pm
Motorman

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:13 pm
God Of The Sun

IM a strictly 7-string guy(unless its acoustic)

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

Strictly 7-string, why is that? I think you explained a while ago but I forgot what you said. :lol:

by the way, how do you quote what other people say on this board? :x

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:25 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Strictly 7-string, why is that? I think you explained a while ago but I forgot what you said. :lol:

..... Nevermind. I feel stupid. :roll:

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:29 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

First off, you just press the button in the top right vorner of every post that says "Auote" in big red letters..

I pretty much just like the way 7-strings feel better than 6-strings. 6- strings feel to small in my hand, whne i tried out my uv777BK i was in love, its the perfect guitar. Not to mention the extended range.. It makes for some chunky rifs and cool walking basslines if im fucking up some jazz.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

Street Lethal wrote:

..... Nevermind. I feel stupid. :roll:

no offense, but you prolly should lol. j/k bro

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

let's see, my bro played guitar a while back, but quit, he was waay into gibsons, so for my b-day and x-mas last year, he gave me his guitars...
Gibson Flying V
Gibson SG Gothic
Gibson Studio Les Paul
(the 1 I bought)
Ibanez JS 200
(x-mas this year)
PGM 300WH

Im trying to sell the les paul, but mother wont let me....i have too many guitars!!!

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:32 pm
Dr. X

How ya like that DC 727???

I really love my DC727, and I'm planning to get another one as soon as I can....I love Carvin stuff, they make wonderful guitars at an insane (at least in there in US) price!!! :shock:

I'm not "strictly" a 7 string guy, but I love the tonal possibilities of a added B string.....plus, the DC727 has an awesome neck, which make the transition from the 6 string super easy!!!!! 8)

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:37 pm
God Of The Sun

let's see, my bro played guitar a while back, but quit, he was waay into gibsons, so for my b-day and x-mas last year, he gave me his guitars...
Gibson Flying V
Gibson SG Gothic
Gibson Studio Les Paul
(the 1 I bought)
Ibanez JS 200
(x-mas this year)
PGM 300WH

Im trying to sell the les paul, but mother wont let me....i have too many guitars!!!

Holy shit, your brother's awesome, Lol. BUT HE QUIT GUITAR, THAT'S NOT COOL. Oh well, worked out for you, didn't it, Lol. :wink: Whooh, JS man. ;D

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:41 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Dead Roman wrote:
How ya like that DC 727???

I really love my DC727, and I'm planning to get another one as soon as I can....I love Carvin stuff, they make wonderful guitars at an insane (at least in there in US) price!!! :shock:

I'm not "strictly" a 7 string guy, but I love the tonal possibilities of a added B string.....plus, the DC727 has an awesome neck, which make the transition from the 6 string super easy!!!!! 8)

I was thinking about getting a carvin 7-string made, but the fact that you never get to try it out has turned me off, along with the fact that they dont come with the ibanez lo-pro edge trem. I personally wont buy a guitar that isnt an ibanez. As soon as they start making 7-string steinbergers though. IM jumping the ibanez shiop and selling my uv.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

1. Yamaha 821.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:04 pm
Dr. X

I was thinking about getting a carvin 7-string made, but the fact that you never get to try it out has turned me off, along with the fact that they dont come with the ibanez lo-pro edge trem. I personally wont buy a guitar that isnt an ibanez. As soon as they start making 7-string steinbergers though. IM jumping the ibanez shiop and selling my uv.

Well, I bought my first Carvin in a leap of fait, right after I've seen "Shredding", Joey Tafolla's instructional video, where he use a Carvin....and I'm happy whit Carvin, so happy that my next guitar will be another Carvin!!!! :D
If you order a Carvin and after ten days of trial you don't like it, you could always send it back and be totally refound...sure, they don't come with a lo-pro edge, but they have a licensed Floyd that is very good.... :roll:

On the other side of the coin, I really don't like Ibanez....sorry, I didn't intend to offend anyone, but, in my opinion, they are very overpriced.... :roll:

Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:07 pm
Viking Kong

Shredder wrote:
Gibson Flying V
Gibson SG Gothic
Gibson Studio Les Paul
(the 1 I bought)
Ibanez JS 200
(x-mas this year)
PGM 300WH

Holy shit, your brother's awesome, Lol. BUT HE QUIT GUITAR, THAT'S NOT COOL. Oh well, worked out for you, didn't it, Lol. :wink: Whooh, JS man. ;D

ya i worked out for me...i dont really know why he quit, just got out of it...

Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:09 pm
Superhero

good god, ur guitars r completely aweasome

i have only 2 guitars, the first one i ever bought is so crappy i´m not even gonna mention it, the other one is a Tagima Zero, "wtf is a tagima" i might say, its a local company that makes decent guitars, Angra lead guitar uses a tagima
mine looks like this but its red Image

Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:40 am
Profile ICQ
Dr. X

martin ltd edition 12-string (1980)
esteve classical
coming soon - Turnbull six string, ooooh nice (Australian maker).

and of course a few crappy guitars and a eukelele. oh oh! and a balalaika! uhh sorta.

Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:49 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next