View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PICKUPS AHH 
God Of The Sun

Post PICKUPS AHH
Okay, reall quick. 4 minutes left here at the cafe. Do you guys think a combhination of a dimarzio tone zone and PAF Pro would be good for an Ibanez JS100? im just curious, or perhaps a humbucker for hell. id likeyou guys input. i think ill have enough cash pretty soon to buy em. im kinda looking for around pauls tone.

Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:53 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Yeah go for it. Youll prolly get pretty close

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Dimarzios
It depends which of pauls tones you want. the paf pro in the neck is great.. im pretty sure that pauls amazing tone on the snowball of doom record and dvd is double tone zones.. either way you cant go wrong. Another killer overlooked pickup is the dimarzio breed. Where the evolution is thin and tinny and aluminum sounding, the breed is just fat and warm and fucking balls to the wall killer in both positions. PG's old X tone is a gibson pickup though.. to get that hollow chunk on the low muted fast runs like in street lethal.

Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:13 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

PAF PRO's are good in either neck or bridge....i have them in my jem...also, the singer in my band is a big EMG active pickup fan....they are pretty good too....just really depends what you want....its really hard with pickups...you gotta find a place that would take em back if you werent satisfied

Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:22 am
God Of The Sun

Whew, after a 29 hour or so trip I'm back home. Ahhh, okay. Yeah, I love Paul's older Racer X tone. That's interesting, didn't know he used a Gibson pickup. Then again, I never really tried finding out. I like that tone but I think It'd get old too... I 'dunno, I think I'm gonna go for a PAF Pro and a Tone Zone. :D

Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:00 pm
Profile YIM
Motorman

Post Re: Dimarzios
UnholyMother wrote:
It depends which of pauls tones you want. the paf pro in the neck is great.. im pretty sure that pauls amazing tone on the snowball of doom record and dvd is double tone zones.. either way you cant go wrong. Another killer overlooked pickup is the dimarzio breed. Where the evolution is thin and tinny and aluminum sounding, the breed is just fat and warm and fucking balls to the wall killer in both positions. PG's old X tone is a gibson pickup though.. to get that hollow chunk on the low muted fast runs like in street lethal.

Do you know which Gibson pickup it was and in which position he used it?

Thanx!!! :D

Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:22 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]