View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 VH100R 
God Of The Sun

Post VH100R
How much for one of these babies used. And what would you consider a good deal on one of em.(yes the johnson deal fell through. the dude dropped it)

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

GH100L is better than the VH100R in terms of SOUND.

Has less features, but it depends what all you want in your amp. More features or better Shreddign Power.

Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:43 am
is the Siren's Eye

Correct me if im wrong but the GH100 is just a VH100R without the clean channel (or you could say the VH100 is a GH100 with a clean channel added) so they should sound the same (pretty much) with distortion.

Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:36 pm
Motorman

I've only played one VH but it had maybe half the gain of my Gh100.

Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

Correct me if im wrong but the GH100 is just a VH100R without the clean channel (or you could say the VH100 is a GH100 with a clean channel added) so they should sound the same (pretty much) with distortion.

No you are wrong :)

Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:58 am
Motorman

The vh100 i played was very versitile, but the channel switch pedal seemed a little confusing. The clean channel sounded great, and the rythem channel was good, but the lead channel would definatley need a distortion pedal to push it harder to come close in gain to the GH100.

If the Lead channel was as toneful as the GH100 I'd have two of em.

Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Promises to use Search button

Well guys, this quote is straight from PG himself, which is from the laney website:

"Laney: With the diverse range of amplifiers available on the global market, what is it that draws you to Laney?
Paul : To me, they have the best distortion of any amp out there. The VH100R is great too. It has the same distortion as the GH100L with some cleaner channels added on. The clean channels are really useful and can be cranked up for a more vintage rock tone. They just sound the best. I've used them in every possible situation live and in the studio for 8 years now and they consistently sound GREAT. My recording engineers love them too. Instant tone. No tweaking! "

"Laney: With RACER X playing, what else does Paul Gilbert have new on the horizon…..?
Paul : I've been doing two new albums every year for the past 4 years. It's an insane schedule and I love it! This year I'm going to try to finish another solo album and another Racer X album. I normally record at my studio in Las Vegas, but I just set up a studio in Tokyo Japan as well! I have a Laney VH100R to work with there, and it sounds perfect. Everything in Tokyo is a bit smaller than in the states, so I have to be very efficient with the space in my room. I don't have room for a big collection of amps. Luckily, the VH100R gives me every sound I need with the 3 different channels. "

So, if its good enough for Paul........................

Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:52 am
is the Siren's Eye

If its good enough for Paul you damn sure its good enough for me :wink:

Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:08 am
God Of The Sun

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Post gh50
you can get the 50 watt GH version really cheap. i paid $295 on ebay for one. It came with some no name el34 power tubes and some crappy preamp tubes, and it still sounded outstanding, like a modded jcm800 but way better! its definitely better than anything marshall currently makes for WAY more money. I just recently added JJ/Tesla 6L6 with the great bias switch option, and jj preamps as well... and now this thing just sounds ungodly huge. Dont be fooled by the GH50 model, it is LOUD as fuck, it shakes my whole room and shit starts falling off the shelves at like 1.5, i really reccomend the gh series, i havent tried the VH, but id guess the multi channel and more tonal options is great. I just either play though a pod pro - mesa 2:90 power amp combo, or A/B the laney gh50 for cleans with a 5150 for leads. The laney has great heavy shred tone, but the 5150 has slightly more gain, so thats why i use it. The 5150 has horrible cleans though, and the laney has awesome cleans.

Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]