View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Kirk Hammet ehhhhhhh 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Kirk Hammet ehhhhhhh
Wow I just listened to some of the solos on everything post black album and man what did this band do to themselves. I can't believe the stuff they released now that I'm listening to it all over again.

Funny after 5 minutes of skipping songs the only thing I could do is throw Justice on to feel better.

I still think Justice had some great prog elements even though Lars is not Mike Portnoy.

Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:16 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Kirk Hammet ehhhhhhh
monsterx wrote:
Wow I just listened to some of the solos on everything post black album and man what did this band do to themselves. I can't believe the stuff they released now that I'm listening to it all over again.

We're not living in the era of guitar solos any more.

monsterx wrote:
Funny after 5 minutes of skipping songs the only thing I could do is throw Justice on to feel better.

That was the era of guitar solos.

monsterx wrote:
I still think Justice had some great prog elements even though Lars is not Mike Portnoy.

Prog? I don't hear it, I just hear straight ahead Metallica Metal. Nobody's asking Lars to be a Berklee trained drummer, homie.

-Chad

Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:34 am
Godzilla

I think the era of guitar solo's will return soon.. well at least i hope so.. back to the 80's 8) 8) 8)

Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:50 am
God Of The Sun

I don't think the "80s soloing" style is coming back, but I think the soloing is a little more "in" then it used to be. Thats fine by me, that means maybe I can make my living easier, lol.

Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:19 am
Profile WWW
BOFH

I think the era of guitar solo's will return soon.. well at least i hope so.. back to the 80's 8) 8) 8)

Well... Looking at fashions... I was seeing a lot of people in 60's clothing a while ago... and now i'm starting to see people in 70's gear, growing afro's and getting their flares out... SPANDEX COULD BE NEXT! :D

Or maybe not :P

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

If y´all want solo´s, just listen to Children of Bodom :D 8)

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I know what you mean. Metallica is my absolute most favorite band. Kirk Hammet had major potential to be a great shredder, but he didn't follow through with it for some reason.
The era of soloing and shredding is without a doubt, coming back. Me and my guitar teacher are talking about it, we give it about 2 years.
I mean, look at all the bands soloing now. The Darkness made it cool again to solo. Crappy guitar players are now learning lead work. And has anyone heard Mark Tremonti lately? I never did like him, but after studying a while with Troy Stetina, he is phenomenal!
More proof shred is coming back is the Charvel is now back in the game. What does that tell you? We all know here, back in shred's day, Charvel was the best choice.
I personally cannot wait for this new era of soloing and shred to kick off, displaying true talent, not dropped D 3 power chord bullshit.
Like my guitar teacher told me, true rock, and true metal, is the king. It might have slept a little bit to let grunge and rap rock have it's way for a little bit, but you can't kill the king.

Mason

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:30 pm
Dr. X

About Metallica: This band is the one I hate the most of all and I can't understand why I still hear people talking about it...

About Soloing: Over the future years, there will be enough solo lovers to listen to it... Just like metallica lovers...

Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:26 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

look at the Paul's Bio!!!!!

Quote:
2005: Medical researchers at U.C.L.A. discover a surgical process to cure hearing loss. I meet Catherine Zeta-Jones's younger sister and we start dating. RACER X music becomes fashionable in the states and we go on tour to promote our new million-selling single "Guys From Space Rock". The aliens who have been monitoring our planet for centuries hear our song and decide the human race is finally cool enough to meet. The aliens take over the world, elect Ringo Starr as President of Everything, and give him a Superbrain-helmet which allows him to be Super smart and end all world hunger and violence.

jajajajaja!!!!
If RACER X music bemcomes fashionable, also the solos., :lol:

Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:13 pm
Site Admin

About Metallica: This band is the one I hate the most of all and I can't understand why I still hear people talking about it...

You hate Metallica? How about giving us a reason and an argument rather than just saying it for the sake of saying it?

-Chad

Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:47 pm
Dr. X

I could say that it is only a matter of taste (I hate them that's all) but there's another reason why I hate Metallicash, Over the years I heard to much about metallica.. and metallica.. metallica HEY DO YOU KNOW A METAL BAND? yeah METALLICA! I learned Master of puppets only by earing other guitarists playing the song over and over... I also thought that these guitarist were playing it badly because it sucked. When I first listenned to the original song I realized that It actually sucks... But of course I take master of puppets as a song or another from metallica... I think there's nothing interesting in this music... I know a bunch of guitarists who listens EXCLUSIVELY to Metallica and they laugh at people who are playing something else... Another thing that I hate is that I listenned to a majority of their songs and not intentionally, this is popular and I don't know why, when I ear their songs somehere it sounds like pollution to me. AND of course Chad I wait for your reply...

Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:46 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I could say that it is only a matter of taste (I hate them that's all) but there's another reason why I hate Metallicash, Over the years I heard to much about metallica.. and metallica.. metallica HEY DO YOU KNOW A METAL BAND? yeah METALLICA! I learned Master of puppets only by earing other guitarists playing the song over and over... I also thought that these guitarist were playing it badly because it sucked. When I first listenned to the original song I realized that It actually sucks... But of course I take master of puppets as a song or another from metallica... I think there's nothing interesting in this music... I know a bunch of guitarists who listens EXCLUSIVELY to Metallica and they laugh at people who are playing something else... Another thing that I hate is that I listenned to a majority of their songs and not intentionally, this is popular and I don't know why, when I ear their songs somehere it sounds like pollution to me. AND of course Chad I wait for your reply...

I hope your anger towards Metallica is simply teenage angst. If you're over 19, then there's not alot I can do for ya. You're blindly hating one of the most agressive, creative, and dominating forces in music, and that's a real bummer.

-Chad

Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:49 pm
Dr. X

I hope your anger towards Metallica is simply teenage angst. If you're over 19, then there's not alot I can do for ya. You're blindly hating one of the most agressive, creative, and dominating forces in music, and that's a real bummer.

Actually I was hoping you would say something better than this... You like them Bravo, but you should know that you're ''Blind'' as me if it's the case...

Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:00 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Actually I was hoping you would say something better than this... You like them Bravo, but you should know that you're ''Blind'' as me if it's the case...

Why would I waste the time arguing about who thinks a band is good or not?

-Chad

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:07 pm
Godzilla

True, Metallica is a dominating band in the music industry. Really it's not Kirk Hammet that interests me, it's James Hetfeild. I have yet to see anyone else carry the pounding guitar rhythms of songs like Battery or Disposable Heroes, along with perfectly on time vocals.

Mason

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:28 pm
Dr. X

Crimson wrote:

-Chad

That's what I said... Taste... I hate them And when I say I hate I'm talking about their music because it's the only thing I care about... To me.. It is NOT good music...

Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:11 am
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

Hey kirk hammet has some really good stuff, look at "black album" solos, they´re great. I dont consider him a good shredder, but he´s a great guitarist for sure.

Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:20 am
Site Admin

Chad Dyer wrote:
Crimson wrote:

-Chad

That's what I said... Taste... I hate them And when I say I hate I'm talking about their music because it's the only thing I care about... To me.. It is NOT good music...

So what you're telling me is that you HATE them because you don't think they make good music, then?

:)

-Chad

Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:24 am
Viking Kong

I have a lot of respect for Metallica's earlier music. They pioneered a new kind of music, thrash metal, and ate thru the popular Los Angeles glam rock scene. They ran strictly by their own set of rails, and created great music.

I felt that they lost their integrity when they released St. Anger, and maybe even before. I like all of the albums up to the black album. After the black album, I sort of lost interest in them...

As for Hammet's soloing, it isnt great or special, but I cant deny that he has a great sense of melody. The song "...And Justice for All" really kicks my ass. The duets and such. Great guitar work.

Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:51 am
Dr. X

That's what I said... Taste... I hate them And when I say I hate I'm talking about their music because it's the only thing I care about... To me.. It is NOT good music...[/quote]

So what you're telling me is that you HATE them because you don't think they make good music, then?

:)

-Chad[/quote]

Well.. yeah

Ok now I understand what's happening... In french.. when we ear something we don't like... like a band.. we don't say that ''the music they make is not good'' we just say ''I hate this band'' (because we don't care about the band, we're talking about what we hear).... SO actually, what I meant is... Metallica's music ain't worth shit! Are you happy then? lol

Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:59 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next