View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 PGMs or HM STrats in LA? 
God Of The Sun

Post PGMs or HM STrats in LA?
Im going to LA tommorow and since its guitar city i might be buying a new guitar... do u think there might be PGMs or HM strats in any stores in LA? I know this sound very vague and kinda dumb but does any one know any specific stores?

BTW would u take a PGM ( any model) or HM strat or a charvel standard?

-vik

Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:58 am
God Of The Sun

check out the guitar center on sunset, they got a yngwie sig strat there w/ the scalopd fretts. Other than that Im not sure, I havnt been there for a while to check out guitars.

I would suggest just buying a new guitar off the net, if you get one from gc, its gona be played by little kids who dont wash their hands after they pee and eat french fries. <puts in passion and warfare cd> " this is greasy kids stuff"

get a newer one off the net.

Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Dude if you're near Hollywierd (Sunset to be exact) it wouldn't hurt to check out Guitars R' Us (think it's still there), Carvin, Mesa Boogie(they got some KILLER custom stuff in this store), or Freedom Guitars which are all across the street from Guitar Center... If you travel a little further west on Santa Monica Blvd. West L.A. Music also has a great selection of geetars too...X :wink:

Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:01 pm
God Of The Sun

Are all Guitar centers pretty much the same selection? cuz im looking for stuff that i dont think would be in a guitar center.

unless ibanez made a huge deal with them and they sell PGMs since i last went into one....

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:08 pm
God Of The Sun

Ill try and find that guitars r us store, and maybe check out those carvins.

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:43 pm
God Of The Sun

unless ibanez made a huge deal with them and they sell PGMs since i last went into one....
yeah, and monkeys will fly out of my ass.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:49 pm
God Of The Sun

the last time i went to GC and asked about the pgm301, i was told...."no it will be too expensive,there isn't any money to be made with that guitar just sitting on the shelf" i asked him how he couldn't try and sell what wasn't even there. he didn't answer me... i said i guess i will give my money to someone else to order it for me, thanks , you just lost a sale little man, and i walked out.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:52 pm
Golden God

I was just in Guitar Center on Sunset, and was very dissappointed. First off, I've played guitar longer then they're staff has been alive!!! Secondly, I asked to check out a PGM 301,and they thought that it was a Prestege model. No PGM's there, or the Sam Ash across the street. I did however see a YJM strat and Paul's custom Lee Jackson head at Cowtown Guitars in Las Vegas last week.

Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

yep. i've never seen a PGM in ANY store in the US.
if you want one, you have to buy it online
also you don't have to pay tax if you buy it online.
thats like US$100+ off if you buy a US$1000+ guitar

Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:16 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

hey guys just got back from LA and not surprizingly i didn't see any PGMs. But i did play the YJM fender. those scallops are so werid to play with.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:46 am
God Of The Sun

ahaha yea, fun tho huh? man u can do bends on that thing for hours...the sustain

<can you hear the sustain on that guitar?.....

interviewer " no"

<well if I was playing you would hear it

Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

well i think i should go to the Hollywood Guitar Center to check out that malmsteen strat.... im 30 mins away from there... not too bad.
i remember there's a crate little practice amp in that guitar center that sounds amazing! i almost bought it if i had enough cash at that time...
are those 2 vwh's still hanging there?

Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:40 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

vwh's? no idea what they are but i did see an amp with 36 10in. speakers. its the biggest amp in the world.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:49 pm
Superhero

i meant the two 2003 jem7vwh's... with edge pro's...

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:42 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

I saw 2 jems there. One was white and i was going to play it but it had only 4 strings left intact. The other was also white but some kid was hogging it the whole time i was there. There was alos a swirl paint jem hagging up on the wall but i didn't feel like asking someone to bring it down so i could play it. There was also this really nice used gibson SG. Totally white with 2 humbuckers. Awesome growl tone. It looked like it was vintage but it was only $700. so it couldn't be too old.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]