View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 What would happen if i did this??? 
Dr. X

Post What would happen if i did this???
I have a ESP m-200 that i wanna modify a bit, it has 2 duncan humbuckers, a 3 way awitch and 1 volume and 1 tone pot....what happends if i take out the tone pot..?? How will this effect my sound?? I have the diagram ready to make sure its done correctly.but i wanna know what ittl do to the sound..thanks

Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:02 pm
Dr. X

In a perfect world, with the tone knob on 10 its like it isnt even there? so if you never use it and take it out, seeing as its in parallel with the rest of the circuit, it shouldnt effect a thing. But I dont know for sure, nd would want EKG's advice, cause he is DA MAN when it comes to this topic.

Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:46 pm
Profile YIM
Motorman

it'll make it more present, brighter sounding.

you make me sick!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:00 am
Dr. X

I happened to have just done this to my old guitar and put a DiMarzio Paf Pro in at the same time. There's no noticeable difference at all, and there shouldn't be. Just go for it, the only difference between a tone pot and a vol. pot is that the tone pot has a capacitor connected to it. If your still worried check with a pro who knows about this sort of thing.

Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:56 pm
God Of The Sun

It should sound the same as if you had the tone all the way up to ten, but put a cap on it, so when you roll back on the volume, you can keep the tone bright. Without the cap, and you roll back the volume, it will sound like you are rolling back the volume and tone at the same time. This is only from experimentation ;-)

Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]