View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:55 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 What kind of Les Paul would you recommend? 
Dr. X

Post What kind of Les Paul would you recommend?
I'm thinking of getting one soon, and I'd like to know what kind of body and pickups you guys like. Thanks!

Chris

Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:38 am
Dr. X

Play a few different LPs. Start with a cheap one then try the expensive one... Make sure you stand up and play it as well as sit down to play it. I personally will never make the mistake of buying a les paul with my own money ever again. I found the guitar to be clumsy and awkward for the way I play.

Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:23 am
is O.H.B.

I cannot play a Les Paul. Don't know if it is the fat narrow neck or how heavy it is??? I have never liked them. Those who do swear by them though. I know they have great tone. I recommend going to the NAMM Show and playing every guitar there. That's what I'm going to do :)

Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:12 am
Dr. X

Well, the reason I want to get one is because I love the tone, it's sounds heavy as fuck. I don't really need it for shred stuff, I just want a guitar with a fixed bridge. I tried one last year, and it sounded fucking awesome, I didn't want to put it away.

Chris

Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:43 am
God Of The Sun

Well, the reason I want to get one is because I love the tone, it's sounds heavy as fuck. I don't really need it for shred stuff, I just want a guitar with a fixed bridge. I tried one last year, and it sounded fucking awesome, I didn't want to put it away.

Chris

anything but one of the studios or specials. if it has binding your in good shape

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:13 am
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

I have a classic with emg pickups and I love it.

Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:15 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

My bro uses a 1979 Gibson Les Paul Standard... actually made in '79... heh, he got it for $1000 but he doesnt take 100% superb care of his instruments (he leaves them all laying on the floor w/ no case). I dont like the sound too much; I know many many people do... they're also quite heavy.

Why did I post here? I dont know crap about guitars! AHH I've gotten stupider!

Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:26 am
Unt! I move topics!

Great guitar for playing at home (or in the studio) but I wouldn't recommend it for gigs ... too damn heavy. The vintage Gibsons are completely overpriced and a waste of money unless you're buying it as an investment.

Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Post Re: What kind of Les Paul would you recommend?
AxerJK wrote:
I'm thinking of getting one soon, and I'd like to know what kind of body and pickups you guys like. Thanks!

Chris

I just bought a Les Paul Double-Cutaway Standard Plus in October.. It is, in my opinion, the best playing Les Paul out there. It has a 60's style thin taper neck which allows you to play fast and it also has 24 frets(most LP's have 22). Another advantage of the DC is that it's lighter than it's single cutaway cousin. It also has much improved upper fret access. And the final bonus is that it costs less than most other Les Paul models!!
Definitely two thumbs up!!

Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:27 am
Viking Kong

I've got a 68' Goldtop LP with a Seymour Duncan in the Bridge and it SCREAMS!!! I've used it alot in studio and even in some cases during gigs... But my main workhorse is still my Fender Strat...X

Sat Dec 28, 2002 4:49 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]