View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Anyone swap out their stock PU's on an Ibanez S540? 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Anyone swap out their stock PU's on an Ibanez S540?
Hey guys,

I have a 1990 Black Ibanez S540LTD that I am considering swapping stock PU's out of. I am fairly certain it is a mahogany body guitar, which in my mind lends itself to be a little towards the warm side of things. I am considering going with a DiMarzio Al DiMeola Neck model in the neck and a DiMarzio Megadrive in the bridge. Any thoughts? I think this is what Tony MacAlpine used to use in his old BC Rich days, though I'm not sure what those guitars were made out of (alder, swamp ash?). Anywho, I am trying not to go completely metal on this particular guitar since I would like to PERHAPS be able to handle some fusion stuff on this as well. For the record, here are the pickups I have to choose from as I have already dropped the cash on them.

All DiMarzios

Humbucker From Hell
Air Norton
Super 3
Tone Zone
PAF Pro
Steve's Special
Al Dimeola Neck model
Megadrive

I also have the matching DiMarzio neck humbucker that was designed for my Fender HM Strat laying around here somewhere. It was made to match the Super 3 bridge pickup, but I don't think there is really any stock DiMarzio equivalent.

Also, for the record, I use a Mesa Boogie Triaxis, ADA MP-1 or Digitech GSP2101 Artist through a Mesa Vertical Recto 2x12 with Celestion V30's for my rig.

Thanks for any and all ideas,
Jeff

Mon May 17, 2004 8:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]