View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Paul Gilbert & George Lynch 
Motorman

Post Paul Gilbert & George Lynch
Hi folks! Newbie here. Was at the show last night in San Diego, CA, and wondered, what does Paul Gilbert think of George Lynch? Are they friends, do they jam together etc...? I've seen some photos here of Paul Gilbert with the band, and wondered if they ever jammed together etc... and/or goofed on Yngwie! LOL I think Paul rips Yngwie to shreds! Yngwie is good, but plays his whole hand on one song... Paul is full of surprises left and right. And George is a MONSTER at the fiery licks and sequencing ladder riffs, etc.. He was ON last night...Paul is THE Man, but I still loves George Lynch! any thoughts? I would love to see Paul and George jam together sometime...

Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:26 am
Promises to use Search button

Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:41 am
Motorman

admit it george....its you.....stop fishing for compliments..... :lol:

Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:11 am
Site Admin

Paul does not really know George. A few months ago....before Jeff even talked to George about this tour, I asked Paul if he knew George...and Paul's answer was "Yeah, George and I used to lift together at the gym and compete at the Mr. Riverside body building tourny......No, I don't know very well at all."

Read the FAQ about Yngwie. Paul and Yngwie have never played together. Paul tried with Viking Kong....but YJM flaked.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

I'd love to hear them together. Artists should collaborate more "off the cuff" and release stuff. Get together, jam out some melodies and release it for fans on their websites. I love George's tone.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I'd love to hear them together. Artists should collaborate more "off the cuff" and release stuff. Get together, jam out some melodies and release it for fans on their websites. I love George's tone.

Record companies impede that. If one artist is on one label, and the other artist is on another.....blam.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

I know George said somewhere he thinks Paul is amazing in so many words. Someone threw this at Paul at the Laney clinic a few years back, Paul was quite flattered and started jamming out some of Lynch's licks. Not really an answer to your question but somewhat relevant.

I agree with you that Paul is amazing and diverse, Lynch's stuff is just not my cup o' tea.

Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

George is that rare breed from the Pacific Coast School of guitarists...besides he's turning 50 this September! LOL And he still shreds. All the other guitar players are like his kid brothers... He's older than Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, Malmsteen, Beacg, Norum, DiMartini, etc... so he's from the Jeff Beck, Clapton genre shcool and he can still hang with the young guns of today! :lol: He ripped in 1983,...1984 he was RAW, very fiery... 1985, was coming of age into his style, then the rest is history..

I got a video of Gilbert practicing in 1986, etc..and he is smokin! It would be cool if they hooked up, jammed somplace and someone caught it on video, and gave each one, Gilbert and Lynch a master copy to sell ontheir own websites... I too remember those early quotes of George Lynch as I have every magazine interview of him from the 80's and early 80's I've collected, and he's very impressed with Gilbert, MacAlpine and Bettencourt... just my $.02 LOL :P

Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:10 am
King Of The Monsters

They rock, I´d love to hear Paul playing with SO many guys, my top list:

Richie Kotzen
Marty Friedman
George Lynch

Those projects would be ass kicking!!

Image Image

Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]