View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Personal amp recommendation 
Dr. X

Post Personal amp recommendation
I am in the market for one of those small personal amps, but have been out of the scene for so long I couldn't begin to know where to look...I have been playing through my digitech RP2000 and head phones, but now the wife has granted me permission to at least have one of those teeny personal amps to play through as well...any recommendations out there? TX

Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:51 pm
God Of The Sun

umm, one of those mini marshall double stacks, those things are sweet.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

How small? Are you just looking for an amp that you don't need headphones for?

When I was loking for a little practice amp I ended up getting an amp modeller (vamp-2/line 6 POD/J-station... etc.) that I run through my comp (and my home stereo). This way I can do head set or external speakers and still get a decent recording sound (although nothing compares to a decent tube amp).

Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:08 pm
Dr. X

hey, you gave me an idea that I didn't even consider..I could probably push my rp2000 through my receiver..I looked at that mini marshall..that's seriously mini, although I couldn't tell by the pics just how big it is. I was looking for something about the size of a milk crate, although I really don't care how small it is so long as it serves its purpose.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:53 pm
God Of The Sun

hey, you gave me an idea that I didn't even consider..I could probably push my rp2000 through my receiver..I looked at that mini marshall..that's seriously mini, although I couldn't tell by the pics just how big it is. I was looking for something about the size of a milk crate, although I really don't care how small it is so long as it serves its purpose.

you sure you looked at the right one. The one im talking about comes up to about my waist (close anyway).

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

Arby wrote:

you sure you looked at the right one. The one im talking about comes up to about my waist (close anyway).

yeah D-R is right....its about waist height...their hella nice....check em out!

Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:22 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

What about the little tube Laney's (I think its the LC-15 or something).
I 've been thinking about getting one of those.

I've also been toying with getting one of the Cornford Harlequin's (although they cost a lot more) but a 6 watt tube amp sounds sweet!!

Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:35 am
Viking Kong

How much are you looking to spend??? And what do you want it to do???

For X-mas my boss asked me to recommend a good practice amp for his kid...Told him I'd check out what was out there for him (his $$$ range was around $300)... Since I havent had to use a small practice amp for some time now it was fun to go out and see whats out there now for the young 'uns... For the money he was willing to spend, I found a Peavey (of all things :roll: ) with 2 10's I think the model was called "The Bandit"... I was able to get some really decent tones out of it, clean AND distorted...X

Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:05 am
God Of The Sun

How much are you looking to spend??? And what do you want it to do???

For X-mas my boss asked me to recommend a good practice amp for his kid...Told him I'd check out what was out there for him (his $$$ range was around $300)... Since I havent had to use a small practice amp for some time now it was fun to go out and see whats out there now for the young 'uns... For the money he was willing to spend, I found a Peavey (of all things :roll: ) with 2 10's I think the model was called "The Bandit"... I was able to get some really decent tones out of it, clean AND distorted...X

Well if your gonna spend that much get a used fender dyna touch or something

Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

The new Roland 'cube' amps look pretty cool. I might get one for the laundry room (I must have gear in every room in the house, you know).

Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:31 am
Dr. X

How much are you looking to spend??? And what do ...For the money he was willing to spend, I found a Peavey (of all things :roll: ) with 2 10's I think the model was called "The Bandit"... I was able to get some really decent tones out of it, clean AND distorted...X

Bandit? Oh the memories....Peavey Bandit used to be my first amp..I checked out those laneys...that's about the size I'm looking for, and the price is decent (around low 200)...I don't need it for anything ohter than noodling on the couch. Tx.

Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]