View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:19 am



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Duel 
Author Message
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:41 pm
Posts: 2019
Location: FIT WHA?
Post Duel
Ok i have been plauing guitar about 2 and a half years i believe, and one of my former guitar teacher has asked me to get up on stage with his band saturday night and do a duel with him. I quit taking lesson from him because i couldnt learn anything more from him. hes really sloppy and has no ear for tone (hate to bash him caus hes a nice feller). Should i go ahead and duel him(and no offense but most likely make him look pretty bad) or bow out gracefully. gimmie your opinions. We are going to jam over a "red house" style slow blues riff.

_________________
The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".


Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:17 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Cyberspace Europe
Post 
:twisted:
Go Roman and teach him a lesson!!
Also tape it and mp3 it if possible..I would like to hear it dude :P

_________________
Image
http://www.mgwilliams.org


Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:05 am
Posts: 5846
Location: Compton?
Post 
do it man, whoops his ass!!!! :P :P :P

_________________
DarrOn - At Least I'm Not K-Fed...
Image...Ünt!


Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:13 am
Profile
Dr. X

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:32 pm
Posts: 158
Location: Texas
Post 
Do it! Even if he kills ya.... You'll learn alot. Remember, being on stage is about stage precence as much as it is Playing.

_________________
www.dougstapp.com


Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:10 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Brazil
Post 
imho theres no need for public humiliation if he´s been a nice guy to u, just go up there and show everybody u can play better than him, but u dont need to destroy him and stuff, or if he´s been an @ss just get over there shed his @ss off and than kick his dead carcass :twisted:


Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:38 am
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:41 pm
Posts: 2019
Location: FIT WHA?
Post 
FMK wrote:
imho theres no need for public humiliation if he´s been a nice guy to u, just go up there and show everybody u can play better than him, but u dont need to destroy him and stuff, or if he´s been an @ss just get over there shed his @ss off and than kick his dead carcass :twisted:


No way hes a cool guy. Hes been really nice to me. I dont want to kill him on stage but i also dont want to patronize him. I want to play to the best of my abilities and everything but maybe i just wont but out on him with everything ive got you know.

_________________
The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".


Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:41 pm
Posts: 2019
Location: FIT WHA?
Post 
Mike AKA myql2000 wrote:
:twisted:
Go Roman and teach him a lesson!!
Also tape it and mp3 it if possible..I would like to hear it dude :P


I dont have the gear to do it but i might be able to put something together.
If i cant do that i might be able to just record the solo i play or something?

_________________
The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".


Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Golden God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:01 pm
Posts: 25124
Location: South of Heaven....... North of Toledo.
Post 
FMK wrote:
imho theres no need for public humiliation if he´s been a nice guy to u, just go up there and show everybody u can play better than him, but u dont need to destroy him and stuff, or if he´s been an @ss just get over there shed his @ss off and than kick his dead carcass :twisted:


CAN I GET A HELL YEA????

_________________
http://www.TheSeanBakerOrchestra.com
http://www.myspace.com/theseanbakerorchestra
Image


Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:21 am
Profile WWW
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:19 pm
Posts: 365
Location: Omaha, NE
Post 
Go for it. You need to get out of the house and stop posting so much!


Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:48 am
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:41 pm
Posts: 2019
Location: FIT WHA?
Post 
gsuing wrote:
Go for it. You need to get out of the house and stop posting so much!


LOL these are the 2 only things that compose my life. The internet and playing guitar, well and my biblical studies(shameless plug)
.

_________________
The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".


Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:53 am
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:05 am
Posts: 5846
Location: Compton?
Post 
biblical studies, eh? so how is that book goin? any god...er, um good?

_________________
DarrOn - At Least I'm Not K-Fed...
Image...Ünt!


Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:37 am
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:19 pm
Posts: 365
Location: Omaha, NE
Post 
Dead Roman wrote:
gsuing wrote:
Go for it. You need to get out of the house and stop posting so much!


LOL these are the 2 only things that compose my life. The internet and playing guitar, well and my biblical studies(shameless plug)
.


Shameless plug for what???? Are you selling bibles?


Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:52 am
Profile
Dr. X

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:26 pm
Posts: 212
Post 
Music isn't a sport. If someone asks you to come up on stage to jam with them you should do it because of a love for music not because you want to upstage someone or because you want the world to know how talented you are.


Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:00 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:17 pm
Posts: 1259
Location: Cyberspace Europe
Post 
Dead Roman wrote:
Mike AKA myql2000 wrote:
:twisted:
Go Roman and teach him a lesson!!
Also tape it and mp3 it if possible..I would like to hear it dude :P


I dont have the gear to do it but i might be able to put something together.
If i cant do that i might be able to just record the solo i play or something?


Accepted!!! :wink:
I hope more dudes here can do the same thing

_________________
Image
http://www.mgwilliams.org


Last edited by Mike AKA myql2000 on Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:41 pm
Posts: 2019
Location: FIT WHA?
Post 
ok. ill m,ake a recording of it as soon as i get ne some new software.

_________________
The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".


Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 588
Location: St. David, IL
Post 
Dude, anytime you get up and play with another guitar player try and kick his ass! LOL I used to hold back because I thought people would look at me as egocentric. NOT ANY MORE!!!!!! LOL

_________________
Racer X Rocks!


Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:33 am
Profile
Motorman

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:21 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Newcastle, England
Post 
Dude, just go for it and have fun. That's what you've got it for.

p.s. yeah, it would be good if you got your ass out of the house as well...you're becoming the new Xela!!!! :D :D :D

_________________
I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.


Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:04 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:41 pm
Posts: 2019
Location: FIT WHA?
Post 
David wrote:
Dude, just go for it and have fun. That's what you've got it for.

p.s. yeah, it would be good if you got your ass out of the house as well...you're becoming the new Xela!!!! :D :D :D


Aw cmon guys im not on all that much!!

_________________
The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".


Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 2214
Location: Illinois
Post 
Dead Roman wrote:
David wrote:
Dude, just go for it and have fun. That's what you've got it for.

p.s. yeah, it would be good if you got your ass out of the house as well...you're becoming the new Xela!!!! :D :D :D


Aw cmon guys im not on all that much!!



WHATEVER YOU SAY MAN.

_________________
www.myspace.com/loudnclear
Image


Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:19 pm
Posts: 365
Location: Omaha, NE
Post 
Dead Roman wrote:
David wrote:
Dude, just go for it and have fun. That's what you've got it for.

p.s. yeah, it would be good if you got your ass out of the house as well...you're becoming the new Xela!!!! :D :D :D


Aw cmon guys im not on all that much!!


Nearly 500 posts in about a month... you make the call.


Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:30 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.