View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Doug Aldrich?! 
Godzilla

Post Doug Aldrich?!
Hey guys. I have been checking out a bunch of music done by Doug Aldrich here lately. Have any of you guys heard his old band Lion? They had a song on the soundtrack to the movie The Wraith with Charley Sheen. The song was call Never Surrender and it kicked ass! I am acctually looking to get some copies of there two or three albums that were out. Does anyone have these albums? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing if I can get a copy of each of the albums! You can't get them even in Import.

Also, you guys should really check the new Dio DVD and any new Whitesnake bootleg that you can get your hands on. Doug just shreds on both of these! The interaction between Doug and Reb Beach in Whitesnake is killer.

FYI: Go to Reb Beaches home page and order his new instructional DVD! I have not ordered one yet, but I have been told that it is really awesome. He has recent live stuff, instructional stuff from his house, a tour of his house and all of his gear, and a couple of new intrumental songs that were written specifically for the DVD. Should be killer DVD! 8)

Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:30 pm
Godzilla

Yea, I was looking for LION a while back when I saw the video for "Powerlove" on VH1 (Metal Mania). I've come up dry, so far. :(

And is it Doug on the Dio DVD or Goldy?

Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:54 pm
Dr. X

I have Lion's "Trouble in Angel City" that I enjoy quite well. They also do a kick-ass version of the Transformers Theme on it's movie soundtrack...THAT you gotta hear!!

Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:16 am
Godzilla

I have Lion's "Trouble in Angel City" that I enjoy quite well. They also do a kick-ass version of the Transformers Theme on it's movie soundtrack...THAT you gotta hear!!

Dude, E-mail me at: [email protected]

I wouldn't mind getting a copy of this stuff! I bet the Transformers Theme kicks butt! Never heard it.

Anyone have the Lion album Dangerous Attraction?

Yes it was Doug on the Dio DVD. He kicks some serious butt on the old Dio tunes, especially We Rock! 8)

Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:41 am
God Of The Sun

I thought the Transformers theme is King Kobra. I'll check. I have Dangerous Attraction on tape.

Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Actually, King Kobra sings "Iron Eagle (Never Say Die)" from the 'Iron Eagle' soundtrack. Easily confusable, since they're both great films with great soudtracks! 8)

BTW, check this out for other peoples thoughts on the band:
http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=296

Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:52 am
God Of The Sun

I found the truth. Actually I was partially correct. There's a King Kobra song ("Hunger") on the soundtrack performed by someone called Spectre General.

Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:05 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Funny. I just realised that another song from the Transformers flick is also in Boogie Nights. "The Touch" is butchered by Dirk Diggler. If you haven't seen it, check it out for the cheese factor alone.

Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Post Re: Doug Aldrich?!
motrock wrote:
Hey guys. I have been checking out a bunch of music done by Doug Aldrich here lately. Have any of you guys heard his old band Lion? They had a song on the soundtrack to the movie The Wraith with Charley Sheen. The song was call Never Surrender and it kicked ass! I am acctually looking to get some copies of there two or three albums that were out. Does anyone have these albums? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing if I can get a copy of each of the albums! You can't get them even in Import.

Actually Lion is one of my favorite bands ever. In fact Kal Swan is my favorite singer ever!! They put out out three albums..
1. Powerlove-- 5 song e.p. Powerlove was re-recorded for their first cd.
2- Dangerous Attraction-- only released on cd in Japan and cassette in the US. The Special Edition has the theme song to the Transfomers on it.
3- Trouble in Angel City-- has the other 4 songs on Powerlove on it and some others. This was put out in the US on cd and in Japan.

Lion broke up when their drummer broke his back in a motorcylce crash.

Kal and Doug rejoined forces and became Bad Moon Rising and released:
1. Full Moon Fever (has songs from s/t cd and some japan only tracks)
2. Bad Moon Rising (the Euro version has the extra songs from FMF on it)
3. Blood
4. Opium for the Masses (three versions-- US, Japanese (have different tracks lists and the Euoro version that has all songs from both versions)
5- Junkyard Haze-- songs off of OFTM
6- Flames of the Moon (best of with i new track)

They broke up and Doug formed Burning Rain..
You can find all of these on e-bay (excpet flames which I don't see often) but be prepared to pay A LOT for them.

I have been waiting for Kal to put out new material for YEARS now.
You1

Hope this helps..

Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:59 am
Dr. X

go49rs110...I love 'The Touch'!! The first time I saw Boogie Nights, and saw the scene in the recording studio, I about pissed my pants!! I have never figured out why they chose that particular song. The song is also a hidden track on the first volume of the soundtrack...in it's butchered form. :roll:

Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:12 am
Godzilla

I acctually found the PowerTab to the Never Surrender from powertabs.net. I learned part of it just from listening to the sound clips on Dougs old site.

Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:57 pm
Godzilla

Funny. I just realised that another song from the Transformers flick is also in Boogie Nights. "The Touch" is butchered by Dirk Diggler. If you haven't seen it, check it out for the cheese factor alone.

Dude! I know! I cracked up when I heard that. :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:44 pm
is O.H.B.

Yea, I was looking for LION a while back when I saw the video for "Powerlove" on VH1 (Metal Mania). I've come up dry, so far. :(

And is it Doug on the Dio DVD or Goldy?

Doug is on the dvd

Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:50 pm
Godzilla

The Dio is mixed really well too! I wish that they would come out with a CD of the concert!!!! It is so much better than the other live cds that Dio has come out with. When Doug plays the early Dio stuff I think he really sounds like Vivian.

The funny part about Dougs sound on the DVD is that you can really tell the difference in his guitars. I liked the sound of his black Les Paul the best! The Strats kind of sounded a little thin next to the Les Pauls.

If I can ever find a Les Paul that plays and sounds really well I am going to get one!

Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]