View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 line 6 variax 
BOFH

Post line 6 variax
If you havn't checked out the variax by line 6, I suggest you do... even if you don't like the idea of it, there is no denying how pretty damn cool it is. there is a clip from namm here:

http://trio.harmony-central.com/ramgen/ ... -Variax.rm

for those who don't know, it has 6 pezios on the bride and a load of circuitry in the back running software that renders the raw sound from the strings in order to model it to other guitars.
For example, turn the knob and it sounds like a banjo, or a goldtop or a twleve string...
it's not some wierd ass midi thing either: it works in the same way as korg's ampworx or any simaler amp modeling piece of hardware...

it may seem a bit expensive at the moment, but perhaps in the future only the well off will have the real things, and the rest will have but simulations :roll:

Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:09 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Well I dont like that fact thats its battery powered or needs a plug. And its basically multipedal thing inside the guitar. I dont think I can handle more parts to break in my stuff if you know what I mean.

Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:54 am
Motorman

I think its a cool idea, alot of guitars in one guitar! Something that would be really cool is if you can download "new guitars" to your guitar! :twisted:

Something I don't like about it is the look. I saw one in a store before cristmas and the body was really small, looked wierd. The fact that there are no visible pickups also made it look kind of ugly :? But thats only my opinion...

Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]