View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Guitar Videos/DVDs 
Dr. X

Post Guitar Videos/DVDs
Hey, christmas is coming up and I wanted to know what you guys think are some good videos? preferably of Paul or Yngwie or steve vai. My parents said they'd get me anything guitar-wise within reason of course for christmas, and i figured hey videos and song books are only like 10$ each or more why not do that? so is there any videos perticularly you guys like? and think I should ask for for christmas? and another thing is there anything I should ask for that a guitarist just hast to have? That you guys have or anything like that. Thanks guys! Happy holidays.. oh and one more thing, what all videos has Paul made? Thanks.

-Bryan sorry this post is so messy, i was in a hurry.

Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:08 am
Profile YIM
Godzilla

Location: Live Oak, CA - Living in the USA for the first time in 12 years.
Of course all of Pauls videos would be a good choice. May I suggest Al Dimeola's video. Simililar to Paul in the fact that he plays FAST!!! Or the Shawn Lane video if you can find it.

RIP Shawn

Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:34 am
Profile YIM
King Of The Monsters

Go on here to know some more about this thing:
http://www.racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2695

Anyway, try the new Vai DVD, it´s awesome!

Image Image

Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

i got the rusty cooley dvd, its expensive but good if you like watching him play, but you wont learn from it. Its a clinic/performance and he just goes so fast you cant figure out what hes doing.

Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:08 pm
King Of The Monsters

i got the rusty cooley dvd, its expensive but good if you like watching him play, but you wont learn from it. Its a clinic/performance and he just goes so fast you cant figure out what hes doing.

Wow, that sucks man...
I thought he taught you something...now I think he´s another Michael Angelo...

Image Image

Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

he does some stuff slow but mainly its just him shredding. oh and hes a lot better than angelo =) in my opinion of course. his songs are more of a rock nature you could headbang to, but do have some cheesyness like angelos in there, although angelo i would consider just solid cheese. None the less watching him is really inspiring :)

Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:14 am
King Of The Monsters

None the less watching him is really inspiring :)

Man, when I see them playing, I´d like to put the guitar down, you know?.
I mean, what are the real chances to play like that?, even though you have like a million videos and stuff?...

But, wanna see a guy that plays faster than Rusty?, go to: www.francescofarreri.com :twisted: (not saying that he´s great, he sounds like a machine, but his fingers FLY)

Image Image

Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Honestly...Speed isn't hard. It's all down to how many hours a day you practice. I've noticed this quite a bit. Just spend all day wanking and see how much faster you get, compared to only playing a few hours a day. It's a muscle/stamina thing. Just think about it. Most of you who probably play on a regular basis, tend to feel a lot of stiffness after missing a day of practice, or at least I do.

If every day you were to play your ass off, and do nothing but play fast, you'll get there pretty quick. It's the phrasing and other kinds of techniques that should hold you back and make you a more rounded guitar player.

Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:18 pm
Profile YIM
Superhero

Honestly...Speed isn't hard. It's all down to how many hours a day you practice. I've noticed this quite a bit. Just spend all day wanking and see how much faster you get, compared to only playing a few hours a day. It's a muscle/stamina thing. Just think about it. Most of you who probably play on a regular basis, tend to feel a lot of stiffness after missing a day of practice, or at least I do.

If every day you were to play your ass off, and do nothing but play fast, you'll get there pretty quick. It's the phrasing and other kinds of techniques that should hold you back and make you a more rounded guitar player.

I couldnt agree more.

Phrasing is a bitch for me at the mo'.. ive been working so hard on it but I doubt i'll be heading anywhere soon.

GET THE JASON BECKER VIDEO! DO IT! DO IT NOW. DO IT NOW!! NOW!!

Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]