View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Fucked Floyd.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help! 
Superhero

Post Fucked Floyd.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!
Today.. I screwed my floyd lol.. I think its a TRS-II .. Im not much of a gear head.. But I think this has the reputation for being one of the shittest? (Also.. IT NEVER goes back to 440)

Anyway..

I'll be honest... it was my fault, I didnt put the bar all the way in and when I depressed it, the thing gave in and left me with 3 cracks down the thing... this is just one of them (sorry for the photos.. ballsy ass web cam...)

Also. This one isnt my fault..

As far as I know there are 2 ways of attaching they bar to the floyd and I have the shit way I think..

I've the guitar about 8 months and the bar has screwed up on me once.. the washer on the bar keeps getting stuck around the 2 small metal poles on either side of the bar. It seems its getting pushed down so far until it snapps. The washer snapped abuot 4 months ago so my dad made another.. but this one is on its way out too..

.. see..

Sooooo... I was wondering if I could buy the parts (the thing on the bridge and the bar) and installing that (because I understand the part on the bridge that has 3 cracks down it can be replaced)..

Where could I buy those 2 parts??

EVEN BETTER..

Is it possible to buy the parts for the other way of inserting the bar to the floyd?? Because the way I already have is just ****.. I always thought it was a bad idea even before it fucked up...

ANYHELP WOULD BE HUGLY APPRICIATED.. IM STUCK WITHOUT A WHAMMY!! OR JUST REPLY LAUGHING AT MY SITUATION..

While I'm here.. lol. Not many of you know my name.. Anyway.. Its 'Oliver'.. NO LAUGHING AT THE BACK..

And, While I have the Ol' Cam out and uploadin' photos blah... this is meee..

And this is me.. Unhappy about my trem... :P

Ages ago me.. with wet hair and my hands attacking me.. I like this one.. I look like a weirdo..

NO LAUGHIN AT THE BACK PART DEUX!..

Ps: my hairs usually like the last pic, coz' i usually have gel in it but its late (half 3 in the morning) and i've messed my hair up coz i didnt thing i'd have to pose for a photo shoot lol.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:27 am
IP Banned

i suggest buying a real floyd rose: http://www.edroman.com/parts/tremfrt.htm and getting it professionally installed at your local guitar repair center. this will also help the going back to 440 thing.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:54 am
Viking Kong

DLOL, is that "Icy Hot" thing a referance to Ryan? LOL, good pics.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:46 am
Superhero

My jackon floyd rose is fucked atm... All i did was change the strings like ive done before. now Different strings have either High, or low action. low enough just to buzz when u pick it. bah back to my strat :)

Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:26 am
Superhero

Yea lol.. There was a pen and some paper on the desk and that was the first thing that came to mind. Icy HOT Ryan! Wheyheyyy..

Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:06 am
Superhero

My jackon floyd rose is fucked atm... All i did was change the strings like ive done before. now Different strings have either High, or low action. low enough just to buzz when u pick it. bah back to my strat :)

You much have put on a lower gauge string.. If you take off the back and loosen the 2 screws that should bring it back up.. but also removing a sping at a time will also.. ajust those and that should work.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:08 am
Superhero

i suggest buying a real floyd rose: http://www.edroman.com/parts/tremfrt.htm and getting it professionally installed at your local guitar repair center. this will also help the going back to 440 thing.

Thanks for the response. I would only want to do this last as im mega strapped for cash... also would anyone know what they believe to be the best floyd is? Ive heard the higher end Ibanez ones are best??

Last resort though!

Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:11 am
Motorman

1) You can't just stick an original Floyd Rose in a guitar routed for a TRS trem. You might as well get a new guitar if you want a different trem.

2) Why the fuck would anyone buy anything from Ed Roman?

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:54 pm
Superhero

1) You can't just stick an original Floyd Rose in a guitar routed for a TRS trem. You might as well get a new guitar if you want a different trem.

Thats what I was thinking.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:05 pm
Motorman

I think it would be considerably cheaper to rout a suitable hole for a Floyd than it would be to buy a new guitar...
And what's wrong with Ed Roman?

Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:10 pm
Superhero

check your email!
ROCK!

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:10 pm
Viking Kong

Shredder wrote:

Yea lol.. There was a pen and some paper on the desk and that was the first thing that came to mind. Icy HOT Ryan! Wheyheyyy..

What in theeeeeeeee hell... I make one sexual reference and one website about waxin it w/ Icy Hot, and I get teased for life!

I can live with that :) at least I've done earned myself an genyouwine idenduntee.

Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:23 pm
King Of The Monsters

The next guitar I have, I´m gonna put some locking tuners on it. I WANT IT TO STAY TUNED!!

Image Image

Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
You can't just stick an original Floyd Rose in a guitar routed for a TRS trem. You might as well get a new guitar if you want a different trem.

First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Scott, and I've been on the Jemsite.com boards for a few years. I've been an axeslinger for about 30 years. (No geezer comments, please!)

Second, this topic has been brought up over at the Jemsite forum at least a gazillion times. Yes, it is possible to replace any locking TRS trem with an Original Floyd Rose. In fact, it'll drop right in the TRS routing with no modifications required. I've seen at least a dozen photos of guitars with this mod. It instantly converts a nice guitar with a POS trem into a better guitar with a better trem. Not quite as nice as an Edge or LoPro Edge, but better than the POS TRS that Ibanez uses.

Here's a bit of discussion on the topic:http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4918

Finally, I'd like to say, YEEEEE HAAAAAA!!! - I've finally found a place to find info on one of my favorite guitarists!

Paul Gilbert and RacerX ROCKS!!!!!

-Scott-

Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:41 pm
IP Banned

gsuing wrote:
You can't just stick an original Floyd Rose in a guitar routed for a TRS trem. You might as well get a new guitar if you want a different trem.

First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Scott, and I've been on the Jemsite.com boards for a few years. I've been an axeslinger for about 30 years. (No geezer comments, please!)

Second, this topic has been brought up over at the Jemsite forum at least a gazillion times. Yes, it is possible to replace any locking TRS trem with an Original Floyd Rose. In fact, it'll drop right in the TRS routing with no modifications required. I've seen at least a dozen photos of guitars with this mod. It instantly converts a nice guitar with a POS trem into a better guitar with a better trem. Not quite as nice as an Edge or LoPro Edge, but better than the POS TRS that Ibanez uses.

Here's a bit of discussion on the topic:http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4918

Finally, I'd like to say, YEEEEE HAAAAAA!!! - I've finally found a place to find info on one of my favorite guitarists!

Paul Gilbert and RacerX ROCKS!!!!!

-Scott-

thank you!

Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]