View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Frostbite Flanger Question 
Superhero

Post Frostbite Flanger Question
Hi - I know a couple of you on here had this pedal, so I'd be grateful for your help.

I bought this from a UK dealer. Annoyingly, they didn't supply me with the US plug that should have come with it. Apparently the dealer didn't include it with the UK shipments as it was a US plug. I don't believe this, but I eventually wangled a seemingly fair discount.

I can't find any information anywhere on the current draw of this pedal and it's driving me loopy. The manual is silent. The only thing I can think of is that the plug itself has this written on it. Can anyone confirm?! Many thanks :D

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:18 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Frostbite Flanger Question
Hey man,

From as far as my online research went a few months ago, I believe HBE has ran out of business.

I was looking for a Detox EQ since I have a one channel amp now, but I couldn't find anything on it either.

As for the Frostbite, I don't exactly get your issue... you can use a common power supply for it (although mine runs better with the original one).

The pedal itself is a little fragile, IMO. I think mine actually was broken from the shipment, and I had to send it over to HBE back in the day to have it fixed.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:13 pm
Profile YIM
Superhero

Hi mate - cheers for replying!

Well I certainly wouldn't want to plug any old supply into it.. its 18vlt centre positive, a standard boss 9 volt dc would fry it :lol:

Basically I'm using a power pedal 4x4 and want to make sure I supply enough current to the pedal... doesn't look like there's anyway of being sure so I don't see the point of risking damage to the PSU... so I'll just go through the separate plug... works but its messy!

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:47 pm
Viking Kong

Well, I'd say just look for a replacement standalone power supply.

My DC-Brick Power Supply won't make the Frostbite work perfectly. I just remembered that!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:47 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]