View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 NEW PEDAL DAY!!! 
Superhero

Post NEW PEDAL DAY!!!
I just bought a galactic fuck tonne of pedals. Yeah, you head me.

I tried the Boss equivalent of this at PMT in Bristol today - it made the single coil Squire Strat I was given sound like the ****ing apocalypse. I could not believe the difference an EQ pedal can make to tone (having previously dismissed it as an unnecessary addition to amp controls). How have I lived without one before! I look forward to perfecting my mad ...And Justice For All tonez.

I rarely have a free house but when I do and get to turn my amp (a Blackstar HT5) up to 'I can just comfortably stand in the the room' levels, it gets rather noisy and unpleasant with amp hiss and squeaks. My intention is to put this in the effects loop and chop out all that nastiness.

This is a Keeley modded Ibanez TS9DX. My intention was to find an overdrive pedal to play with and shape my amps tone and i thought an Ibanez TS9 was an obvious place to start. I found some info regarding a Keeley mod to the stock DS9 (recognizing the name from an awesome modded Keeley DS1 I played with years ago) which led me to two variants... a high gain mod and a higher gain mod. There was then a further available mod to make it true bypass. Whilst trying to find stock in the UK, I then realised I could just plump for this beast and get all the mods in one box. Mwahaha!

This is a now discontinued pedal that I always wanted 10 years ago so managed to nab it for £35 on ebay. It had good reviews and I'm eager to test out its octave function for some Muse goodness.

And perhaps most excitingly.....

Yeah you all know this one.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:42 am
Motorman

Post Re: NEW PEDAL DAY!!!
Good stuff. Made me want to put my Flanger back into my setup. :D
Over the last 3 or 4 years I've only gotten myself a Xotic EP Booster and SL Drive. Some seriously good tones coming out of them.
I did pick up an Epiphone Wilshire reissue for like $50 tho. Not a great guitar, but one day hopefully I'll have the time to mod the shit out of it and paint it pink.

Fender HH Tele / RG7321 / Gunslinger -> Pitchblack -> BYOC Wah -> DOD FX25B -> Phase100 -> Xotic EP Booster -> Xotic BB Preamp -> Eventide TimeFactor -> Carvin X100B -> Dr.Z Air Brake -> Orange 2x12

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 am
Viking Kong

Awesome!

I got a Frostbite Flanger as well, but sometimes I fell like it's not as durable as some other pedals I have.

I mean, I'm constantly afraid of breaking it, since it's so light and circuits inside it aren't exactly clean... also, H.B.E. has run out of business, so we should just hold on to it and take good care of it!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Alderete would be proud of this thread! :lol:

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]