View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Polyphia 
Motorman

Post Polyphia
A good friend of mine introduced me to this band awhile back, and I got to say ever since he did now they are one of my favorites in today's modern music age. And what really makes it cool, is their not even signed yet. The band is called "Polyphia" the name comes from the the word Polyphony. This is an instrumental band, but they are currently looking for a singer (Not A Screamer). The cool thing about Polyphia is not just the guitar players are great but, their drummer is pretty amazing too! They have a really unique sound! The guitar playing in this band is very impressive. I read their main inspirations are Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, and Guthrie Govan. Check them out!

Transcend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJJjCsNOBLU

Impassion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVx01H ... uk5h45csAQ

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:29 pm
God Of The Sun

Post Re: Polyphia
I think they're pretty cool!

The drummer can write some cool (if over the top!) parts but I can't get on with the miming to sampled drums, at least not when the samples are SO aggressive yet his playing is mind numbingly soft.

I'll keep an eye out for them though

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]