View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 One of Jason Becker's guitars 
God Of The Sun

Post One of Jason Becker's guitars
What kind of guitar is that guitar that he's got with the duel humbuckers, purple/blueish body with the maple neck? It's the guitar he's kissing in the picture of the main page to his website www.jasonbecker.com. He's also playing it in the video clips that are also on the website. Just curious, it's a cool lookin' guitar.

Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:29 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

He played Carvin for sometime then switched to Ibanez.

Jackson however, is making a model to be sold, a Becker signature guitar. Also, Carvin made Becker a signature guitar that had his dad's artwork on it as a special gift to Becker, even though he didn't play Carvin anymore.

Cheers

Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:12 am
God Of The Sun

Yeah, I heard about Jackson making a signature guitar for Becker. Said it was similar to that numbered fret guitar of his, which I think is different, but cool. If it plays and sounds good, I would definitely buy one. I wonder when they're thinking about releasing them.

Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:19 am
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

I was looking forward to the Jason Becker model guitar from Jackson, honestly, but I am wondering how Fender's buy-out of Jackson might affect the release. I don't work for eithre company, but maybe someone on here does, and would know more.

That blueish-purple Carvin that Becker had was sweet.. too bad Carvin doesn't make the pointy 80's headstocks anymore.

Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Jason's last endorsement deal before he was struck down with LGD was with Peavey. I've got a great monitor magazine with a cool interview, and I met him at the Meridian, MS. Peavey factory. Hell of a guy. Talent taken horribly, but the guy is 1000% super human to be still living and enjoying life.

-Chad

Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:07 pm
God Of The Sun

He played Carvin for sometime then switched to Ibanez.

Jackson however, is making a model to be sold, a Becker signature guitar. Also, Carvin made Becker a signature guitar that had his dad's artwork on it as a special gift to Becker, even though he didn't play Carvin anymore.

Cheers

I think the jackson deal is gonna end up like GNR...

A total myth

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

But yeah I want a Becker Signature model too, especially if the profits go towards ALS funding.

I hope one day he wakes up-walks-picks up a guitar. and relearns to play.

ALS is not 100% fatal, and he was supposed to die years ago, but is still alive today and very happy. The only time I seen him pissed off was when someone said they download his songs in MP3 format.

He said something to "I put my all into these cd's so that you get your moneys worth. If people stop buying them I can no longer release them"

Case and point, Jason deserves your money. I will only buy a bands cd when I think they deserve my money and Jason is one of them. And so is Racer X.

Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:19 am
God Of The Sun

Buckethead still rocks!

But yeah I want a Becker Signature model too, especially if the profits go towards ALS funding.

I hope one day he wakes up-walks-picks up a guitar. and relearns to play.

ALS is not 100% fatal, and he was supposed to die years ago, but is still alive today and very happy. The only time I seen him pissed off was when someone said they download his songs in MP3 format.

He said something to "I put my all into these cd's so that you get your moneys worth. If people stop buying them I can no longer release them"

Case and point, Jason deserves your money. I will only buy a bands cd when I think they deserve my money and Jason is one of them. And so is Racer X.

I totally agree. That's why I don't like to burn mp3s onto a CD and take those around with me. The only reason I download mp3s is so I can listen to them on my computer without having to rip the CD onto my computer. Once I have the money, i plan on buying all of the Cacophony CDs, his solo CDs, and his instructional video. Jason really is great, and that would be awesome if even a percentage of the profits made out of that Jackson guitar ( if that deal does end up being made ) goes to ALS research.

Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:57 am
Profile YIM
Superhero

Bad news :( :
Quote:
I am really sorry to all of you who were looking forward to the Jackson signature guitar. Jackson isn't going to do it.

Good news :D :
Quote:
My good buddy, Matt Schulze, is an up-and-coming actor. He was in the movies, “The Fast and The Furious”, “Transporter”, and “Blade II’, among others. He is a totally cool friend and we are working on a possible movie about my life.

Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
King Of The Monsters

BTW, is that Jackson the official signature model?

Image Image

Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Jackson are fuckin' stupid... that Becker guitar is so cool.. I'd buy one faster than you could say Jason Becker Rules if i had half the chance.

Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:08 pm
Superhero

Jason Becker = Awesome...

BTW, is that Jackson the official signature model?

It was an official prototype.

Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Superhero

Jackson are fuckin' stupid... that Becker guitar is so cool.. I'd buy one faster than you could say Jason Becker Rules if i had half the chance.

Perhaps we all should send an email to the Jackson/Fender company and ask what's wrong with them :twisted:

Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Realisitically from a pure sales perspective, us guys who know that the becker guitar rocks are completely outnumbered. The shred fans make up a really small population of guitarists these days and I'm sure most nu metal "guitarists" would think it massivly uncool to have numbers on the fretboard. Most would think it childish, even though us shred fans tend to understand that it has great comic value, like neon pink f holes, and one shouldn't take playing guitar too seriously. Unfortunatly, we are a small group here, and in terms of making money, Jackson would make more to put out a new black 7 string dinky then somthing with actual good pickups and parts. It's along the same lines of why a factory assembled PRS will sell for $2000, and meanwhile you can get a neck through mahogany washburn with a pau ferro board, sperzel locking tuners, a real wilkinson trem, seymour duncans, and buzz fetin for $300. It's all a marketing game, and if any company wants to stay in business they have to do what satisfies the largest portion of their audience. I know it sucks, but tis the way it is.

Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:06 pm
Motorman

I realy love Beckers music, specially the Cacophony stuff, but I can't find a place where i can buy the records! Do you guys know any internet store were I can buy them? Please help me!

Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:10 pm
Superhero

Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Golden God

Me and my son collect autographs. The other day I received a picture of Jason Becker with his real thumb print on it, instead of an autograph cause he can no longer write. LONG LIVE JASON BECKER!!!!

Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Me and my son collect autographs. The other day I received a picture of Jason Becker with his real thumb print on it, instead of an autograph cause he can no longer write. LONG LIVE JASON BECKER!!!!

Cooooooooooolll... i want one!! i want one!!!

Where do you get autographs from? How would i get hold of a thumb print of da' man?

Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:59 am
Golden God

stringskipper wrote:

Cooooooooooolll... i want one!! i want one!!!

Where do you get autographs from? How would i get hold of a thumb print of da' man?

His mom sent it to me.

Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next