View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Gotta Give Him Credit For Trying. 
Motorman

Post Gotta Give Him Credit For Trying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmfyIxHezOc
Just watch and you'll know why I posted this. :|

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Post Re: Gotta Give Him Credit For Trying.
I clicked like on his video and commented. Sent him a PM with two tabs and a backing track too! Maybe he'll get inspired.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 am
Viking Kong

Pao wrote:
I clicked like on his video and commented. Sent him a PM with two tabs and a backing track too! Maybe he'll get inspired.

A lot of people would use the anonymity of the interwebs as an opportunity to ridicule and humiliate this guy, but you see it as an opportunity to nuture and encourage him. This (among other reasons) is why you are one of my favorite people on here Pao! 8) Image

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:05 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

LoQ wrote:
Pao wrote:

A lot of people would use the anonymity of the interwebs as an opportunity to ridicule and humiliate this guy, but you see it as an opportunity to nuture and encourage him. This (among other reasons) is why you are one of my favorite people on here Pao! 8) Image

Shucks. Thanks, LoQ. 8) I just felt that I was like that as well before until I became part of this board. I think everyone's capable, we just need good teachers. It's a topic that I've been struggling a lot with, recently.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 am
Viking Kong

Good Lord...

Pao, you're an angel!

When he kicks in the distortion... you know it's going to be bad! :lol:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:53 pm
Profile YIM
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Well, I didn't mean to condone bad playing, but he wasn't exactly bragging that he can play it. That might just be a defensive thing too cause a lot of people I know do that to avoid an criticism. I DO however know exactly how he feels. The better I become, the more I become aware of certain things. Right now, I'm willing to bet that he knows he's not playing so well, but not as bad as how we see it. You know that feeling when years ago you felt like you had tolerable tone and vibrato and you listen to an old recording and you're like OH MY GOD WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS I THINKING. Yeah, that's exactly what's happening. I feel for him cause I can relate to him; we all can. Maybe a push in the right direction will get him going, hence the BT/tab, the thumbs up, and the encouragement.

EDIT: Plus, he's braver than me when I was a beginner. He's relying solely on his ears to play songs. If he keeps this up and doesn't get discouraged, he will be a great player.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:15 pm
Viking Kong

He needs to clean his room.

Fuck I'm a horrible person :(

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile YIM
Motorman

I'm glad to see less criticism on topics like this, because there's a lot of it on the forum. It's very nice to read more encouragement and advice to give to other fans that are struggling. I posted this to see what you guys would say about and, glad to read what I'm reading. :)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:45 pm
Dr. X

Pao wrote:
Well, I didn't mean to condone bad playing, but he wasn't exactly bragging that he can play it. That might just be a defensive thing too cause a lot of people I know do that to avoid an criticism. I DO however know exactly how he feels. The better I become, the more I become aware of certain things. Right now, I'm willing to bet that he knows he's not playing so well, but not as bad as how we see it. You know that feeling when years ago you felt like you had tolerable tone and vibrato and you listen to an old recording and you're like OH MY GOD WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS I THINKING. Yeah, that's exactly what's happening. I feel for him cause I can relate to him; we all can. Maybe a push in the right direction will get him going, hence the BT/tab, the thumbs up, and the encouragement.

EDIT: Plus, he's braver than me when I was a beginner. He's relying solely on his ears to play songs. If he keeps this up and doesn't get discouraged, he will be a great player.

Did you read this?

Hi,This is Yoshio from Japan.I went to GIT MI Hollywood,but I drop out.I should have more serious about music and what GIT teachers said.I got Lumber nutric core illness,but still playin' my guitar.please check thoes music video out!!

He's not exactly a beginner, and with 640 videos posted I suspect he's going to have the mother of OH MY GOD WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS I THINKING moments one day - or, actually more likely, he just doesn't care. Which is cool and all, but I don't think he's a project to be nurtured...

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:07 am
Godzilla

Racer X wrote:
I'm glad to see less criticism on topics like this, because there's a lot of it on the forum. It's very nice to read more encouragement and advice to give to other fans that are struggling. I posted this to see what you guys would say about and, glad to read what I'm reading. :)

You´re right. Specially in Youtube there are people who think they´re entitled to judge unrespectfully what other people does instead of being constructive. I though that only happened here in Spain, but I was wrong :)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:05 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

silentbob777 wrote:
Did you read this?

Hi,This is Yoshio from Japan.I went to GIT MI Hollywood,but I drop out.I should have more serious about music and what GIT teachers said.I got Lumber nutric core illness,but still playin' my guitar.please check thoes music video out!!

He's not exactly a beginner, and with 640 videos posted I suspect he's going to have the mother of OH MY GOD WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS I THINKING moments one day - or, actually more likely, he just doesn't care. Which is cool and all, but I don't think he's a project to be nurtured...

Yes but this is a guy who tries to learn a song then immediately posts them on YouTube with them averaging 30-50 views. I'd say he's a guy who doesn't know what in the heck he's doing because nobody's teaching him so. We're in a time where we have internet access and he obviously doesn't know where to get sources without the guidance. He records himself playing and uploads them that's it. I don't know what it takes to get into GIT but he obviously wants to play guitar enough but to leave his country to study there. From that bio, his professors obviously told him that he needs to be more serious with music so he dropped out because he wasn't good enough. Well, if you are in his skill level, which is basically a complete beginner, I highly doubt you can keep up with the people at GIT.

Maybe there's more to his story than what that biography is saying. I dunno. He really looks like me before I discovered this board. I sounded like shit, I didn't have any instructional videos. Nobody was telling me what I was doing wrong. I didn't practice enough.

He probably doesn't think about the repercussions of uploading videos. He should find a teacher!

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:37 am
Search Button God!

Pao wrote:
I sounded like shit

I miss your underwater sound :P

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:22 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Lamer wrote:
Pao wrote:
I sounded like shit

I miss your underwater sound :P

I actually lost my very early recordings. I remember I couldn't multi-track so I just recorded over and over on the same track. It was horrible.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:52 pm
Tab Master

I used to do the same!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 am
Search Button God!

I used to do the exact opposite :)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:28 am
Viking Kong

Lamer wrote:
I used to do the exact opposite :)

:lol: Show off!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]