View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Teaser Trailer: In The Style Of Jason Becker Instr. Video 
Viking Kong

Post Teaser Trailer: In The Style Of Jason Becker Instr. Video
Quote:
DC Music School is proud to be working on the definitive instructional video on the guitar style of Shrapnel recording artist legend Jason Becker, featuring guitarist Max Dible. Production begins in Fall of 2012 with an expected release in 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2AXg4N2Ks

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:11 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Re: Teaser Trailer: In The Style Of Jason Becker Instr. Vide
That guitarist is horrible. Well, Jason himself said that he's "pretty ok". :D I would've tried to tune up the guitar at least.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

In fairness to Max - and Brian can confirm this - that carvin is in a HORRIBLE state - the strings are a decade old and it doesn't stay in tune.

I'm not really interested in the product though - To me it's the same as Andy James teaching Steve Vai stuff - I love Andy but I'd rather Steve was teaching it, and it doesn't really matter if Steve gives it the thumbs up or not.....

If I want to learn Jason Becker stuff, I'll listen to it and learn it.... learn from the master

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Yes. I think that they have changed the strings (that was like...last year lol), but yeah. That Carvin hasn't been well taken care of, it is usually just hung up in his house. I got to play it and the intonation was horrible and would not stay in tune at all.

And yes, no offence to Max at all, I'm sure he'll do a good job with transcribing and teaching, but if this instructional dvd was like...Jeff Loomis teaching the Jason stuff and them working together or something like that I'd be a lot more interested in it.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]