View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo) 
Author Message
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Posts: 7453
Post Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG_VAeYN ... e=youtu.be

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa also god damn it I can't get my shit to look properly HD. I wish I could edit the raw MOV file and maybe film when the sun is up. That is all. Thank you for watching. I love you <3


Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:54 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:00 pm
Posts: 8264
Location: Denver, CO.
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
Very very cool! :D

But the next time you apologize for playing fast, I will slap you.

_________________
Social justice is for pussies!


Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 6031
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
Nicely done!! 8)

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:10 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Posts: 7453
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
I actually should be studying right now. But as soon as I got the EP booster I kinda just had to. Hahaha. Thanks for watching guys! And LoQ where have you been? :D


Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:17 am
Profile
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
how are you liking the EP booster? Isn't it magical?


Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:12 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Posts: 7453
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
Refried Bean wrote:
how are you liking the EP booster? Isn't it magical?



IT IS. HOLY CRAP. It will never leave my side. I even tried it with shitty amps and it still made those sound great. Unbelievable O_O


Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:43 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:39 pm
Posts: 6031
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
Pao wrote:
And LoQ where have you been? :D


I'm still here everyday, I guess I just haven't posted as much. :wink:

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:20 pm
Profile
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
Pao wrote:
Refried Bean wrote:
how are you liking the EP booster? Isn't it magical?



IT IS. HOLY CRAP. It will never leave my side. I even tried it with shitty amps and it still made those sound great. Unbelievable O_O




Glad to hear it! Play with the dip switches inside of it too. Some people like the pedal so much they're actually nailing it to the bottom of pedal boards...on all the time. Wait till you get your other pedals. Put them in front of the EP...AC, DD, EP, Laney. It makes overdrives sound huge!


Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:18 pm
Profile
Superhero

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 1855
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
nice sounds like guthrie govan

why not show your entire face?


Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 pm
Profile
Motorman

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:17 pm
Posts: 277
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
philiphan wrote:
nice sounds like guthrie govan

why not show your entire face?

I think he wanted to make sure we still had some left in the tank to jizz over his playing/tone.

Disclaimer: this hypothesis has not been tested.


Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 pm
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Posts: 7453
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
meticadpa wrote:
philiphan wrote:
nice sounds like guthrie govan

why not show your entire face?

I think he wanted to make sure we still had some left in the tank to jizz over his playing/tone.

Disclaimer: this hypothesis has not been tested.


Whoa. This is the first time someone said I sound like Govan. I pooped myself a bit

meticadpa - It was mostly cause I couldn't push my camera further (my bed was in the way). Also cause I like staring when I make people happy. It's awkward and some people are not so into it... lol. But thanks! I'm glad you like the tone! I'm so happy! EP booster all the way :D


Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:27 am
Profile
Superhero

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 1855
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
do you think you can do a funk lesson?


Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:48 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Posts: 7453
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
philiphan wrote:
do you think you can do a funk lesson?


I can do a lesson but what do you mean funk lesson? I don't think anything I played in that video was remotely funk (except for the bits where I played groovy stuff but that was just a section of it). What did you wanna know exactly maybe I can think of something? =]


Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:27 am
Profile
Dr. X

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:26 pm
Posts: 242
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
Pao wrote:
philiphan wrote:
nice sounds like guthrie govan


Whoa. This is the first time someone said I sound like Govan. I pooped myself a bit


Yeah, but remember philiphan's drunk posting in Off Topic. Apparently it's funk Guthrie :)


Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:36 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Posts: 7453
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
silentbob777 wrote:
Pao wrote:
philiphan wrote:
nice sounds like guthrie govan


Whoa. This is the first time someone said I sound like Govan. I pooped myself a bit


Yeah, but remember philiphan's drunk posting in Off Topic. Apparently it's funk Guthrie :)


I need a british accent :P And a Suhr.


*runs to corner and cries*


Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:49 am
Profile
Superhero

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 1855
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
Pao wrote:
philiphan wrote:
do you think you can do a funk lesson?


I can do a lesson but what do you mean funk lesson? I don't think anything I played in that video was remotely funk (except for the bits where I played groovy stuff but that was just a section of it). What did you wanna know exactly maybe I can think of something? =]

i guess mostly note choice

when do include chromaticism in addition to chord tones


Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:09 pm
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Posts: 7453
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
philiphan wrote:
Pao wrote:
philiphan wrote:
do you think you can do a funk lesson?


I can do a lesson but what do you mean funk lesson? I don't think anything I played in that video was remotely funk (except for the bits where I played groovy stuff but that was just a section of it). What did you wanna know exactly maybe I can think of something? =]

i guess mostly note choice

when do include chromaticism in addition to chord tones



Hmm. Well for chord tones, I didn't really think much for this jam cause it was mostly a shreddy thing. Watch the one I posted before this for an idea for that. There was a bit in this jam that had "changes" but it was so minor I didn't think much too. Hahaha not much of a help.

For chromatics, I actually don't know how I developed when I'd like to add them. What Lawrence taught me before was I could just fill in the empty spaces in the pentatonic scale (which made sense to me cause the blues pentatonic worked that way) but eventually when I discovered playing more modes and playing weirder stuff I tend to play some chromatics only cause it feels "right" even if I don't really know why?

I think I did this thing there that looks like this:

Code:
|------------------------8-12-
|---------------------10------
|----------9-11----11---------
|-------10------12------------
|--9-12-----------------------
|-----------------------------


It's just an F#min5 arp then a D7 arp but I played chromatics "around" it? I dunno how else to explain that :lol:


Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:46 pm
Profile
Superhero

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:52 pm
Posts: 1855
Post Re: Funky Frenzayyyy (new videooooo)
alright ill noodle around with taht
its just when i hear fast funk playing i just hear a lot of pentatonic but a lot of passing notes flying around.


Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:43 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.