View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Jason Becker needs a new computer! *donations* 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Post Jason Becker needs a new computer! *donations*
Hey Jason Becker fans: Jason's master computer he used for writing music, editing, producing just died the other week. It is a big MacPro with lots of special tools for him.
We are raising some funds very fast now to get some new equipment in fast. If you like to contribute, please do so and send some donation to [email protected] mentioning JB COMPUTER. Jason will be greatful and thank you personally, I am sure! Please share this message across your pages. Thank you!!

https://www.facebook.com/JBNDY

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:02 am
Motorman

Post Re: Jason Becker needs a new computer! *donations*
I don't want to offend anyone or so.. But him raising money for a good cause is 1 thing. But for personal stuff... I don't know what to think of this. My computer is old and full of trojan horses and shit. Can use a new one as well..

Again, really don't want to offend. But hasn't he got any income or so. He sold guitars for a good cause, if he needs private cash for a computer, I'm not going to pay it.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm
King Of The Monsters

The Face wrote:
I don't want to offend anyone or so.. But him raising money for a good cause is 1 thing. But for personal stuff... I don't know what to think of this. My computer is old and full of trojan horses and shit. Can use a new one as well..

Again, really don't want to offend. But hasn't he got any income or so. He sold guitars for a good cause, if he needs private cash for a computer, I'm not going to pay it.

The thing is...many of us want to hear what Jason can write...and if he needs a computer to do so, and he can´t afford that, then it´s good to ask for some help.

Everyone´s free in order to help, or not...its your choice, and everyone respects it.

But Jason´s condition clearly doesn´t compare to any "normal" musician´s condition...

Image Image

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Yup, what Gus said. I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic, but you might be forgetting that Jason has ALS and he needs special equipment to be able to write music. I mean, he just said his old computer conked out so I think that's a good enough reason to buy a new one. If it was still repairable, I'm sure he would've opted for that route since it's cheaper and he wouldn't have to resort to donations.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:46 am
is the Siren's Eye

The Face, if malware is a problem for you, clean it and/or format & reinstall the operating system. That doesn't justify the purchase of a new computer.

I would assume in most cases, it's not easy for an individual to ask for financial help. Much less, financial help from complete strangers. Additionally, nothing states that the Becker family has asked for this help either; however, the problem has been publicized.

The computer is likely one of the main ties that binds Jason to this world (I know it sounds so cliche, if you have a better method of wording it, so be it). The Becker family most likely spends a substantial amount for Jason's care (you can thank the for-profit health care industry, and our 3rd world health care system). Although most of us likely cannot afford to purchase such a system even for ourselves (regardless if we would prefer to, for Jason), we can collectively nip this in the bud.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:08 am
Viking Kong

When I went to his house, I got to hear some of the new material...he IS preparing for a new CD. There's going to be some old stuff on it, and some new stuff. Hopefully it didn't get lost in the comp. He needs one if you guys want to hear the finished product.

My girlfriend bought him some nice wireless house phones with intercoms for his family to use and we also donated some blankets to him. I don't think you quite understand how hard the family has to work to take care of him. His whole family is around him 24/7 and don't have much time for much else. His dad is a painter, and I don't know what his mom does, so I'm guessing the health care costs far exceeds what they can achieve as income. He had to recently buy a new specialized wheelchair, which is one of the reasons why they had the benefit concert...that shit is expensive

BY THE WAY. If you want to buy a CD of the recent concert of the Benefit or a shirt, or even a Suhr signed by Govan, please go here and make a pledge. There are 21 days left to meet the deadline. All proceeds go to Jason, and making sure you get this cool stuff

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/jasonbeckernotdeadyet-live

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 am
Motorman

Valid points, and it is after all everyones own choice. I guess public health is better arranged in my country. Not that you are secured for a broken computer, but other arrangements but also some financial "benefits".

I love his music, don't get me wrong.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

It's okay, man. I don't think any of us judged you wrongly (or even judged you at all :D). It's tough to shell out cash for someone you don't know. I suppose Jason's just really a big inspiration and influence of mine that if I was a doctor already I'd be donating a lot for him.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 am
Viking Kong

Yeah, no hard feelings. It's just that many people don't know how expensive and customized his medical equipment is, it's not something that is easy to find.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]