View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 First video in a LONG time! 
God Of The Sun

Post First video in a LONG time!
it's not often I can say i'm happy with my playing, but this video isn't bad! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7qgdIGLP-E

cool picks playing cool licks :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Post Re: First video in a LONG time!
The fat one is just... weird :P

Sweet economy picking!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

don't you call me weird :P

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Levi, do you have access to the Gambale book "Speed picking"? That might help with the brain melt. I've got it here, in the first edition, sadly missing the cassette, which the shop lost before they could sell it. :roll: Anyway, the fingerings are utterly bizarre, but it obviously works for him! I spent a few months learning stuff from it almost ten years ago, and it broke my alternate picking! :lol: I understand Alex Hutchings substituted his breakfast cereal with pages from this book for years.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:20 pm
Search Button God!

Gandalf wrote:
I spent a few months learning stuff from it almost ten years ago, and it broke my alternate picking! :lol:

It's settled then. I'm never going anywhere near that book :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 pm
God Of The Sun

Lamer wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
I spent a few months learning stuff from it almost ten years ago, and it broke my alternate picking! :lol:

It's settled then. I'm never going anywhere near that book :D

lol best post ever

Yeah, I have all 4 of Gambale's tuition books, I know all the stuff he teaches.... but he doesnt teach those insane moments where he just gos to 11. It's more a problem from a notes perspective as he isn't always clean when he tears it a new one. Of course, he doesnt need to be, it's all about the effect he creates instead of the notes. Just need to make sure my clients are happy!

I was going to ask you all who I sound like as a player - any feedback would be appreciated

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I'd have to hear you write a new song! Then I'll say who you sound like. *coughcoughdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit*

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Viking Kong

Pao wrote:
I'd have to hear you write a new song! Then I'll say who you sound like. *coughcoughdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit*

Ooooh! :shock:

Gauntlet?
Thrown.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 pm
Viking Kong

MissMisstreater wrote:
I was going to ask you all who I sound like as a player - any feedback would be appreciated

Since you're asking, the two names that immediately came to mind were John Scofield, & Scott Henderson. Granted, you don't sound exactly like them, but that's who your playing reminded me of, a little bit.

I'm with Pao on this one, though. :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:49 pm
God Of The Sun

cheers Rich

I genuinely did this as a market research kind of thing, I know who i've studied and therefore who I can sound like but couldnt see that in my playing. A few people have said Sco now, and now you point it out I see it, i've never studied John, just listened. This will turn my practice towards him for a bit now.

Songs and shit like that will come.... I promise.... but they have to be RIGHT. The last thing the world needs now is another average instrumental album..... Untill I have something as good as Martin Miller's upcoming album, i'm holding off!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Cool video!

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]