View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Need an audio interface 
Viking Kong

Post Need an audio interface
Question is, is USB good to go? A cheap USB device? My current line-in is (obviously) terrible and has some latency associated with it, as well as terrible noise. What are your simplest set-ups, guys?

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 pm
Motorman

Post Re: Need an audio interface
The cheapest you'll be able to get is probably a Behringer UCG102. However, I have absolutely no problems with latency (less than 10ms) and the sound quality's fine for what I need it for; obviously it'll never be studio quality, but it's fine for recording for YouTube videos or something.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 am
Superhero

I have that Behringer soundcard and it's great for the money (30€), I use it with Amplitube and Reaper and I have no problems at all.
Yes, USB is good to go; firewire soundcards aren't always better than USB ones.
What are you going to record?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I'll be recording some output from the emulated cabinet output of my multi-FX just to get some ideas down. Eventually I'll need something in the future which will be able to incorporate recording my amp mic'd up. Then I'd need a good mic and a decent way to isolate my amp too, but for now I'm being minimalist.

Just to clarify, I hook up my multi-fx setup's output to my PC speakers and it has a tone very close to what I want, so I hope that recording that same output will translate to a similar recording that will play the same audio.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:34 am
Motorman

Well if you're just looking for something cheap in the mean time, I would definitely suggest the UCG102. It'd at least hold up until you did a bit more research and found what you're eventually looking for sound card wise.

Oh, and if you want a way to isolate your cab, Georg (guitardouchebaggery) has a great video of his isolation box. Plus, his accent is badass.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:45 am
Viking Kong

meticadpa wrote:
Well if you're just looking for something cheap in the mean time, I would definitely suggest the UCG102. It'd at least hold up until you did a bit more research and found what you're eventually looking for sound card wise.

Oh, and if you want a way to isolate your cab, Georg (guitardouchebaggery) has a great video of his isolation box. Plus, his accent is badass.

Oh yeah, I've watched it a few times. Just holding out for when I have enough time to do such a thing.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:17 am
Viking Kong

The only usb interfaces I have experience with are from line6. Some of them have inputs for guitars and mic's. I have a toneport ux2 its an older version of the pod studio ux2. Since i never actually use the extra inputs I probably would be just as happy with the UX1. I haven't had any issues with latency.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:42 am
Dr. X

Line 6 pod GX is a cheap one

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 am
Dr. X

Another vote for the Behringer USB.
It does what it#s supposed to do, can't complain. And it's cheap.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:37 pm
Superhero

That Behringer is cool for the price, I have one and I'm very pleased with the results.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I've seen the Line 6 interfaces and they do seem good, but for a cheap solution I think I'll give the Behringer USB interface a shot, thanks for the replies. Just wasn't sure if it was the right thing due to some reviews.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]