View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Loop Pedal not looping in time? 
Motorman

Post Loop Pedal not looping in time?
So, I went out and bought a Boss RC-30 loop pedal because I am in a two-person band and wanted to loop different layers from our studio tracks. However sometimes I'll record a loop and my pedal will do the weirdest things with it.

For example, I downloaded a .wav drum track from our album onto the RC-30. We practiced with it once and everything was great. The loop never drifted, stayed in perfect time. The second time we did it, the loop stuttered for like half a beat before a certain part. The even weirder thing is that that part happens twice in the song, and it stuttered in the same spot both times! It wasn't my timing that was an issue because I don't even play before that part.

So I figured, whatever, maybe I just got really confused somehow. So I forgot about it. Then, today, I recorded a loop to a metronome and it was in perfect time. Everything was going great and we recorded it onto Nuendo and the track sounded great and grooved with everything. Great. Then afterwards I was just jamming over it with my friend and midway through the loop, the looped phrase noticeably slowed down like crazy. Then we stopped it and started it over again and we put it to a metronome and the noticeable slowdown happened twice over again. We even recorded it to our track to see if it was just human error, like if my foot was ever-so-slightly off when clicking on the loop on beat. It wasn't! It was just fucking up again. Then we restarted it and it was working fine again!

What kind of loop pedal doesn't keep time? And I figure, okay if you keep the loop going for a while it'll eventually drift (though it shouldn't) but this was on the first time I activated it. Has anyone had this issue? What kind of loop pedal do you guys rely on? I need something that I can trust will put out exactly what I put into it!

EDIT: My Akai Headrush E2 is a very reliable looper but I can't save my loops and the loop time isn't long enough for me. Besides I love the whole USB and Mic inputs. I don't think I can live without that.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]