View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Carvin Legacy II Head for Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100? 
Motorman

Post Carvin Legacy II Head for Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100?
Hey everyone,

I am considering trading my Carvin Legacy II head for a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 head (new). I really wanna get rid of my Legacy head as it's just not what I'm looking for anymore. I'm having trouble selling it though and someone suggested trading his DSL for my Legacy. I've yet to try the amp (i'll only take if I buy) but as I keep trying to track down a store with the amp, I've been looking up YouTube clips. The Gearwire clips have been veryy good for the DSL, some other clips obviously not being so good.

GearWire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XB0W26 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6jxTChh ... re=related

Just wondering if you guys were familiar with the DSL100? My top three favorite guitarists are Matt Bellamy (Muse), Jonny Greenwood/Ed O'Brien (Radiohead) and David Gilmour (we all know this band :D). I do a lot of effects stuff so it needdssss to sound good with effects, especially delay, space echo, fuzz factory, all that good stuff, and the clean sound needs to be good as well. The Legacy clean sound to me was just too sterile and not musical enough for solos. Maybe rhythmic spacey clean chords but solos...no way.

Like I said I'm having trouble selling the amp so I'm considering the trade, just wanted to know your own opinions on it.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:10 pm
Motorman

Post Re: Carvin Legacy II Head for Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100?
That is a monster amp.
Here's a clip with some reverb and delay (so you can see how it sounds with effects.)
And this guy only has it set on volume 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apKiTp4Bn0c&feature=related

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
Post Re: Carvin Legacy II Head for Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100?
yeah they're good stuff.
but play it first if you can. i used to rehearse at a studio that had walls of these heads and some were good, some weren't. that could be just because of the fact that they always got used, but in my experience...try before you buy.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]