View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Bass Search 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Bass Search
Hallo, there's no Bass Forum to post this in so I thought I'd just ask the Guitarists for help on this one. I play guitar but I'm searching for a bass to record with; I need advice for picking out a bass to buy because all of my knowledge is in guitars. I am only going to use it to record, not to perform live with. I dont really care what the condition is, so I am open to getting a used worn out one if the sound is good. You can find excellent RG550 Ibanez guitars for pretty cheap because they are a little worn out, so I wouldnt mind getting a bass like that. Im fine with a 4 string, Im not looking for anything fancy. I will play basically Pauls style of music with it. I know that there are plenty of knowledgable people on this stuff here, thats why Im asking you guys!

Thanks guys.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:42 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Bass Search
I'm in almost the exact same boat as you. I play bass only to record with, and I was lucky enough to have a friend of mine sell me his bass (after he bought a new one) for only $50! I was very happy, it's an Ibanez Ergodyne w/ active electronics, & I'd just say plan a fun day at the local pawn shops. Bring some cash, plug in, & haggle for something that sounds & feels good to you. :D

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:58 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Bass Search
Thought about posting about this very same thing a couple of hours back. Although I'd like something I could perform with, I wouldn't mind a good bass that's going for cheap because it's beat up!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:13 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]