View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 FOR SALE: 2002 Ibanez JS100 w/ PAF Pro and Tone Zone pups 
God Of The Sun

Post FOR SALE: 2002 Ibanez JS100 w/ PAF Pro and Tone Zone pups
Hey guys!

I know it's been a while since I've posted last. Been busy and out of the country for a while, but I'm lurking around more once again now that I'm on summer vacation.

Anyway, I'm really strapped for cash at the moment and figured I'd see if anyone here was interested in buying my old Ibanez workhorse.

I posted the main things up on a Craigslist ad for here in Charlottesville, but if you want higher quality pics/sound clips/demonstrations/etc. feel free to ask me!

Here's the description:

Ibanez JS-100, Joe Satriani signature model - $300 or best offer

Most of you looking at this guitar probably already know about it, but for those of you who don't, here's a quick description:
-LO-TRS II licensed Floyd Rose tremolo and locking nut.
-Ibanez hardshell case

-22 fret, bolt-on JS Neck. 25.5 scale, 12" radius

-Rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays and basswood body with black finish

-Original pickups replaced with Dimarzio PAF Pro and Tone Zone.

I bought this guitar a few years ago new from Guitar Center. After having it about a week or so, I decided to change out the stock Ibanez AH pickups and replace them with a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck position and a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge position (Roughly $120 if I remember correctly). This guitar really sings with these pickups! I've just grown accustomed to my PRS and I never play this one anymore.

I played this guitar a lot at home the first few years I had it, but I wasn't in a band at the time, so I never gigged with it. However, there are still a few minor instances of wear and tear on the finish - a couple of blemishes, pick scratches, a small chip on the headstock, etc., which are only visible in the right light. Also, as you can see in the pictures, there is considerable wear on the frets in the areas of the upper strings (mostly in the area around the 12th fret). Also, one or two of the screws on the locking nut will need to be replaced soon - obviously, not a big deal. Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Also, just in case you can't notice in the pictures, the volume knob rises a little higher from the body than normal. This is because the volume pot is actually from a Gibson and is slightly bigger than the volume pots they put in Ibanez guitars. It doesn't effect anything except appearance - and it actually sounds better in my opinion.

Feel free to Email me with any further questions or additional picture requests

PICTURES HERE
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/m ... 43372.html

thanks guys!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]