View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Cacophony Tab Books...[Ebay] 
Tab Master

Post Cacophony Tab Books...[Ebay]
Speed Metal Symphony
Go Off!

I have these too, and they're not perfect BUT there's more in these books than anywhere online. I think most of the notes are correct, it's just the fingerings that need work. It's all presented in powertab format with 90% of the guitar parts tabbed.

If anyone's interested, grab them, they're extremely rare.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:51 pm
Motorman

Post Re: Cacophony Tab Books...[Ebay]
MDuCran wrote:
Speed Metal Symphony
Go Off!

I have these too, and they're not perfect BUT there's more in these books than anywhere online. I think most of the notes are correct, it's just the fingerings that need work. It's all presented in powertab format with 90% of the guitar parts tabbed.

They're also bootlegs of the Peter Lidstrom tabs that some unscrupulous person decided to print out and put in book form. :wink:

These are done by a guy from Argentina, he used to sell them all the time about 5 or 6 years ago before he was kicked off ebay. I also have one for Perpetual Burn in addition to the Cacophony ones (not for sale). The tabs are decent, I agree, but the tabs that were on the power tab archive are a bit more accurate.

www.myspace.com/shred_lives1980

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

theyre also illegal because there are official ones made in japan (but i cant find them!!!)

theyre listed in the back of the racer x tab books

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

theyre also illegal because there are official ones made in japan (but i cant find them!!!)

theyre listed in the back of the racer x tab books

I'm pretty sure the Japanese Cacophony book only has five songs or so; I saw it once or twice on ebay in 2003-04 but never bothered with it. If it's anything like the books for Stand in Line, Maximum Security or Mind's Eye it probably isn't worth paying alot for anyway.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Tab Master

They're definitely not official. That'd mean Jason and Marty transcribed it, which I'm sure they did not.

I've seen some of the powertabs for Cacophony songs, but never seen ones as complete as most of these. I've only seen finished versions of SMS, Images, X-Ray Eyes etc.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:14 am
Motorman

http://www.peterlidstrom.com/TabCacophony.html ? :D

Don't get me wrong, they're definitely useful and I don't regret buying them. However, they are indeed illegal copies of Peter Lidstrom's transcriptions, which this guy downloaded, printed and bound himself.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:30 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

They're definitely not official. That'd mean Jason and Marty transcribed it

where do you get that from

you of ALL people should know that artists dont do their own trancriptions

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Tab Master

MDuCran wrote:
They're definitely not official. That'd mean Jason and Marty transcribed it

where do you get that from

you of ALL people should know that artists dont do their own trancriptions

Exactly, which means none of these tab books are official. I know loads of them say it, but if they were, then they'd actually be correct. Check an Yngwie book, Racer X book, they're all terrible in terms of positioning and sometimes even notes.

I said originally that they're NOT official. At least in my mind, an "official" tab book is one that's been checked over by the artist to check for accuracy. The only tab book I know of that's like this are the Necrophagist ones that Muhammed wrote himself in powertab.

shred_lives1980 wrote:
http://www.peterlidstrom.com/TabCacophony.html ?

Don't get me wrong, they're definitely useful and I don't regret buying them. However, they are indeed illegal copies of Peter Lidstrom's transcriptions, which this guy downloaded, printed and bound himself.

Seen it, but some of them aren't complete. The ones in the books are, so it made me wonder why Peter didn't publish the whole songs if he wrote both the WHOLE albums in powertab. Unless this guy just filled in the missing parts and stole most of it from Lidstrom.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:14 pm
Godzilla

Post Re: Cacophony Tab Books...[Ebay]
MDuCran wrote:
Speed Metal Symphony
Go Off!

I know I am WAY too late for these books now! :oops: :cry:

But I would love to have the Cacophony/Speed Metal Symphony Score Book! :D

Who publishes them and how often do they appear on eBay, if I wait would one come along at all? :? :(

Damn, I wish I knew Cacophony then...Shit!! :x

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:47 pm
God Of The Sun

you know i was a big book collector... and they eluded me for 5 years

I NEVER got them, i saw them on the bay ONCE in that time

I even had a guy in japan that hunted down books for me for a fat price, and he couldnt find one

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

I said originally that they're NOT official. At least in my mind, an "official" tab book is one that's been checked over by the artist to check for accuracy. The only tab book I know of that's like this are the Necrophagist ones that Muhammed wrote himself in powertab.

the dream theater tab books are made with JP's supervision/input.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:31 pm
Godzilla

you know i was a big book collector... and they eluded me for 5 years

I NEVER got them, i saw them on the bay ONCE in that time

I even had a guy in japan that hunted down books for me for a fat price, and he couldnt find one

Well thanks for letting me know what kind of shit I am getting myself into...LOL :lol:

God, I am always taking on the hardest fuckin' projects...us shredders have to go thru so much shit to get something like a score book! :?

Well I guess I'll just keep on waiting.... :roll:

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 pm
God Of The Sun

as Mitch pointed out, the books arent 100% accurate, the notes are, but the tab is often not very good

as the band dont see a penny for these books being sold (especially the powertab books that mitch has) You would be better just using the ones on ultimate guitar, or you could have them done privately for you

it depends whether you want to learn them, or to have the books in your collection

I gave up on them

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Tab Master

Is there a certain section you want to see? Or I could sell them, but for £150 so I can pay for a track day that I've put a deposit down on but can't afford!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can do some pics of some pages or something if you want?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:11 pm
Godzilla

Is there a certain section you want to see? Or I could sell them, but for £150 so I can pay for a track day that I've put a deposit down on but can't afford!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can do some pics of some pages or something if you want?

Well I love collecting score books of favourite bands, so the whole thing!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you consider selling them? :? :wink:
You'll make a few extra buck$! :roll: :D

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]