View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 influences that started off by accident 
Superhero

almost all influences came because of sabbath, my brother had one GH cassete and I really liked it, however I became a fan because one day I rent ¨Rock and roll racing¨ and that was it, soundtrack was Paranoid, Highway Star among others :)

Stevie salas was a dif story, I bought his washburn sig guitar and didnt even knew it was a sig guitar, so when i got back home I saw the headstock and read Stivie Salas Guitar... I google'd hid name and got hooked

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:46 am
Profile YIM
Motorman

Paul Gilbert: when I was JUST staring playing the electric guitar I bought a tape video which I forgot he title but it had a sample of "Intense Rock I" those long ass fingers shredding that pink Ibanez really marked my life! :D

Yngwie: I listened to a short section of "Far Beyond the Sun" on Windows Media Player's "Media Guide" where I also discovered Steve Vai.

Richie Kotzen and George Lynch: They were in the same video I discovered Paul.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:48 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

Paul Gilbert - I stumbled across his Technical Difficulties video on youtube. I think I watched it about 10 times in a row, and I couldn't believe he was playing so fast and accurately with little effort. Instantly blew any metal guitarist that I liked away, and made me a bit depressed because I realized how much I sucked compared to him.

Yngwie - Again, Youtube. I saw a video of this dude who looked like he was trapped in the 80's, and so I clicked on it and it was him performing Far Beyond the Sun.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - My dad is a HUGE SRV fan, and when I started playing guitar he made me listen to him. I've never learned one of his songs but one of these days I'll get around to it. Amazing player.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2